User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Building an RV Garage for our 337RLS..........................

Well somtimes the bluebird of happiness does fly into your life. We are in the midst of downsizing for our forthcoming retirement. We found a a great home that we like that has an RV garage included. This is a new build and we have a few options. We need to upgrade the 12' door for a 14' door to clear the 12' 6" height. it will be 40x15x14. The other option available is to extend the length by 8'.

Does anyone else have an RV garage that has any other suggestions. I think I am going to mount lights on the walls in order to get better lighting. I am also thinking of putting a drain in the center in case I want to wash the 337 in the garage.

PS, if you live in Phoenix and you are interested in looking at this home let me know as I am a REALTOR her in AZ

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jvenard, We have a home with an attached RV garage that shares adjacent space with a 2 car garage and 3rd door for a golf cart. My RV bay is 50L x 16L x 16H with a door that is 14 x 14. If I did it again I'd make the garage longer and wider.

16' wide lets us open all side with room to scoot by one side to get from front to back. I wish I had at least another foot on the sides. And if I made it about 8 feet longer (maybe a full 60 feet) I could leave my truck and 5th wheel attached inside.

I have full hook ups on both sides (50a, water, sewer) so I can park a tag-along or a motorhome (and have had both). I don't have a drain, other than the sewer drains and don't miss it; no way could I wash anything inside nor would I want to; you'd have to consider wall material and have a lot of working room on each side.

oh - I added air conditioning a few years ago (Mitsubishi split air units) and with I had done that to begin with. It's hot here in FL (I hear the same for AZ) and this way I can not only keep the RV plugged in but I keep the temp at 80 and don't worry about food we leave in the cabinets.

Lights - 8, 2 tube fluorescent lights on the ceiling about 2 feet from the sides. Others have fluorescents along the walls up high. Just don't put any in the middle, it's the sides and front and rear that need the light.

Soooo...... while I'm not coming to Phoenix any time soon, you have something to consider if you want that house you found.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 337 stood 13'2" tall level (with front AC) before it grew 2 inches with the MOR/ryde independent suspension. Triple check your actual measurements and don't rely on published specs.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go bigger to be sure you have room for the next RV ��
    2016 F350 4X4 CC SB SRW 6.7 Powerstroke with OEM 5th Wheel and Gooseneck Prep Package
    Bakflip G2 Bed Cover
    Andersen Ultimate Aluminum Fifth Wheel Hitch
    2017 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I could add an RV garage on the home. Post pictures would like to see how it looks.
    2018 3500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB
    2014 2500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB(sold)
    Pullrite 2700 Autoslider
    Timbrens
    2018 28bh 5th wheel
    X23B Jayco (sold)
    1991 Pop-up (sold)
    Tent (might bring along so I know what camping is like again)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After you verify actual height, and approach to garage is pretty much level should not be an issue. My approach is uphill and flattens out before going under carport so had to have higher roof line than height of camper to compensate for that. Ours is 24 wide 40 deep and 16 ft tall. We have a 385th. If your having it built, would not cramp yourself with tight space. I think it is better to have more space than less space. Hope it works out what ever you do.
    Robert & Kat
    2 teenagers
    2 Dogs
    Arkansas
    2017 Ram 3500 CCLB
    2015 385 Momentum
    Retired Military,

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nwminnesota View Post
    I wish I could add an RV garage on the home. Post pictures would like to see how it looks.
    This may be the best one I have with it empty. I'll have to see is I can find one or take one with it jammed full of vehicles.... I have a photo of the house finished but this is probably OK for you to get an idea.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7467.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	15377
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2943_1.jpg  
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good input.

I think 14' opening should be fine and 48' depth. Will have 50amp service and water but now allowed to put a sewer drop in the garage floor (city code)