Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, just plain ole irritating!

First I am not bad mouthing; do not mean it that way. We love our Imagine however the roof gutters really irritates me. The front gutter drains drip right where you have to reach into the under storage compartment. Rain, A/C condensation or just plain ole dew drips on my head or neck or back. I have tried to get the front higher but do not want to push it too much.

Of course my wife has witnessed it and laughed.
    WPS
    Imagine 2250RK 2018
    Silverado 2018 1/2 Ton, 5.3L V8 3.42

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't feel like the lone ranger. We have the exact same condition on our Reflection TT. The gutter is positioned directly over the curb side basement storage door. But at least it's not over the main door to the coach.

Jim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadiddle View Post
    First I am not bad mouthing; do not mean it that way. We love our Imagine however the roof gutters really irritates me. The front gutter drains drip right where you have to reach into the under storage compartment. Rain, A/C condensation or just plain ole dew drips on my head or neck or back. I have tried to get the front higher but do not want to push it too much.

Your post brings back memories from our last Keystone TT. I had the same issue with rain/moisture getting me when accessing the front storage compartments on either side. My wife also thought it was funny.

I was never sure how to correct it other than extending the roof gutter forward which meant past the side wall.......not a good solution. I also thought about continuing the gutter someway from the side to around the front cap in part or full with a dump drain somewhere......also not a good solution but possibly better than my first idea. So I just wore a hooded raincoat or let Carol get into the compartment........yup that worked well !

Any solutions from your perspective other than trading for a different model/brand and then dealing with possible other irritants ?

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, just plain ole irritating!

I know the feeling. I’ve had some choice words for those gutters too. You may already do this, but for the A/C condensation, what I do is level the trailer one quarter leveling dot backwards when you set up which is enough to cause the water to drip off the rear. I even level slightly left to cause the water to go to the left rear gutter so it drips as far from where we sit as possible. Obviously that doesn’t solve for rain, but it helps when it’s nice outside. It doesn’t take much, the trailer is still essentially level.

George
    Greenville, SC
    2019 Imagine 2670MK
    2015 GMC 2500HD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    George & Lani
    Greenville, SC
    2019 Imagine 2670MK
    2015 GMC 2500HD

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do feel better now that I vented and found I am not the only one that gotten that cold, wet drip right down the back from the gutter drain. The person that designed it most be the same devious person who designed the pop proof bubble wrap.
    WPS
    Imagine 2250RK 2018
    Silverado 2018 1/2 Ton, 5.3L V8 3.42

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Momma taught me gutter talk was bad. But just so you know our weather drainage system is not well designed on the 376 Momentum either.

My wife laughs at me so often I had to buy her a weight lifters belt to wear so she wouldn't hurt herself.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you cant dodge it, RAM it.:jaw:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not just take a three or four foot length of 3/4" garden hose, shove one end OVER the gutter and route it to the front of the trailer?

You might need a 1" diameter hose to fit over your gutter spout, but it would keep the rain off your neck.
    2023 Reflection 315RLTS
    2017 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 6.7L Diesel
    Hensley Swift Arrow

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, I just set ours up higher in the front so it all runs to the back. That works out ok too because the bedroom is up front and I don't like to sleep level or going down hill. I looked at other brand RVs that have a storage compartment up front and they are the same, draining right down past the storage compartment door. Adding a hose to the gutter end might work but you would have to carry around a ladder to reach it.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not if you permanently attach the hose to the wall!
    2023 Reflection 315RLTS
    2017 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 6.7L Diesel
    Hensley Swift Arrow

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast