User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever brand truck you get make sure it has towing package with transmission cooler and low gear ratio rear end for towing. Toyota Tundra's have both, 4.30 ratio rear end. Rear end ratio has one of biggest impacts on towing, we leave friends Chevy 1500 Silverado with 5.3L at bottom of mountain because it set up with rear end for gas mileage not towing.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked ours up two weeks ago and camping this weekend for the first time. Only issue so far was a spot above the speaker closest to the back door. Water is passing between the awning and shell then running down the side. We love the layout, theatre seating and size of the bathroom/shower. Go ahead and buy another shower wand if you haven’t already. More storage than we will ever use, just two of us plus two pups. If the air works as well as the furnace and fireplace then comfort won’t be an issue. I had a surge protector installed before we picked it up. I put screens on fridge, furnace and hot water heater exhaust to keep the bugs out. Changing storage locks to tubular cams this week and putting some rugs on the steps. Levelmate pro and propane tank monitor from AP products will be added shortly. Only real complaint is why not key both entry doors alike so you just have one key?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our fireplace stopped working, flashing red sensor light warning. GD sending me new one. Easy to replace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Buckskin, @Scarlett Now that you have had your 2250RK's for a year are you still loving them today we just bought one 2019 and we are pretty excited to go out in it soon anything we should know prior to launching the the rig

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaWells View Post
    @Buckskin, @Scarlett Now that you have had your 2250RK's for a year are you still loving them today we just bought one 2019 and we are pretty excited to go out in it soon anything we should know prior to launching the the rig
    I would suggest you take a piece of tissue paper and hold it in front of each vent to see if air is flowing from vent. Then remove screws on panel next to outside wall at cabinet next to theater seats and check duct work at air handler for any tears and make sure duct work for heating basement is routed through hole in floor. I found tears in duct work and duct tube for basement just hanging from air handler. All these were very easy fixes and don't require trip back to dealer. Turn on your fireplace and make sure it works, had defective sensor on mind and GD sent me New one.

Things I would suggest:
    1. Surge protector, Mine is from Progressive Ind and has lifetime warranty.
    2. Water pressure regulator, Amazon has a Cameo brand for under $10.
    3. Water filter, Wal-Mart has them in RV section.
    4. Black tank treatment, Wal-Mart has several. I use Thetford brand, it comes in 6 pack and is most expensive one.Tried other and they don't work as good.
    5. Spare parts: fuses, plumbing, screws, etc. I probably carry way to many spare parts and tools but can repair just about anything that may go wrong.
    6. Blackstone 17" Griddle from Wal-Mart is great and I have it hooked to low pressure port of camper, search forum for parts needed.
    7. Tire pressure monitor, I use TireTracker from Progressive with lifetime warranty. You never know you have tire going down until it is to late on camper. Friend of mine had camper damage and had to replace rim due to tire going flat and coming apart and damaging his camper and other camper tire.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    I would suggest you take a piece of tissue paper and hold it in front of each vent to see if air is flowing from vent. Then remove screws on panel next to outside wall at cabinet next to theater seats and check duct work at air handler for any tears and make sure duct work for heating basement is routed through hole in floor. I found tears in duct work and duct tube for basement just hanging from air handler. All these were very easy fixes and don't require trip back to dealer. Turn on your fireplace and make sure it works, had defective sensor on mind and GD sent me New one.

Things I would suggest:
    1. Surge protector, Mine is from Progressive Ind and has lifetime warranty.
    2. Water pressure regulator, Amazon has a Cameo brand for under $10.
    3. Water filter, Wal-Mart has them in RV section.
    4. Black tank treatment, Wal-Mart has several. I use Thetford brand, it comes in 6 pack and is most expensive one.Tried other and they don't work as good.
    5. Spare parts: fuses, plumbing, screws, etc. I probably carry way to many spare parts and tools but can repair just about anything that may go wrong.
    6. Blackstone 17" Griddle from Wal-Mart is great and I have it hooked to low pressure port of camper, search forum for parts needed.
    7. Tire pressure monitor, I use TireTracker from Progressive with lifetime warranty. You never know you have tire going down until it is to late on camper. Friend of mine had camper damage and had to replace rim due to tire going flat and coming apart and damaging his camper and other camper tire.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
    most of what you list is already gotten and done as this is our second trailer although we only had the first one for a year,I bought a tailgater Blackstone for my husband we were looking for the outside hookup for it and found it a ways under the trailer we thought a little odd, or are we missing another one ? I will have my husband check the the duct work on the trailer thanks for that tip I appreciate it also the tire tip thats good to know as well Thank you

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We originally looked at the 2250RK and loved the floor plan, which is perfect if you only have two people, but we decided to get the fifth wheel version instead, the 220RK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t realize they made it as a fifth wheel awesome ! I love the floor plan we are extremely happy with it and like all trailers we know we will have problems crop up lol it’s a given 😂

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased a Imagine 2250RK in July 2018. I didn't think my wife and I would ever agree on a travel trailer. I showed this one to her online she said no. We went one Saturday to look at campers and she walked into it. She looked at the salesman and said make me a deal on this trailer. We bought it, (theater seats), and we love it. We have been camping 7 different times including a week trip to North Carolina. Only issue was our side slide windows would not lock. Heard about it here on this forum and check ours. So they replaced them. I had a rough ride to NC and my lifting mechanism for TV wouldn't work. It ended up being a loose connection. (Stay off of I-840 around Nashville, too rough) I think you will really like this camper. Enjoy it, welcome to the forum and go make memories.
    WPS
    Imagine 2250RK 2018
    Silverado 2018 1/2 Ton, 5.3L V8 3.42

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Kadiddle I see you pull it with half ton which is what we have did you have to do anything to truck for better pull ? Only thing we have done is add airbags to the back

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast