Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaWells View Post
    @Kadiddle I see you pull it with half ton which is what we have did you have to do anything to truck for better pull ? Only thing we have done is add airbags to the back
    I do not have air bags. I am using a weight distribution and anti sway bars hitch. I have it pretty well tuned in. I just got back a weekend ago pulling our camper from Arkansas to NC and back on I-40. It really handled well accept on I-840 where we bounced a few times pretty hard. Stayed at or below 65 and it pulled good up hill and handle the trailer downhill very well.
    WPS
    Imagine 2250RK 2018
    Silverado 2018 1/2 Ton, 5.3L V8 3.42

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s great ! Everyone advised us on the airbags as the truck was down in the back when we hitched up (avatar picture ) we also have an equalizer works really well

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaWells View Post
    That’s great ! Everyone advised us on the airbags as the truck was down in the back when we hitched up (avatar picture ) we also have an equalizer works really well
    My truck is as close to lever with my camper as I can get it. (I have watched several videos on the proper set up) I do not have but maybe a 3/4" sag on my truck. So there is only a slight sag.
    WPS
    Imagine 2250RK 2018
    Silverado 2018 1/2 Ton, 5.3L V8 3.42

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our truck is a bit older I don’t know if that made a difference or not glad you haven’t had any problems Happy Trails to you we are excited to get out there already ! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty Hemi 6.4 4x4
    2019 GD Imagine 2250RK
    Companions: VinDiesel & Luna

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Everyone....been going thru this forum pretty thorough looking for common issues. I'm planning on buying a 2250RK in the near future - probably a used 2018 or 2019. The most concerning issue I've run across is broken spring brackets or bent axles. I'm wondering if this is a problem with 2250RK's? Or perhaps it's a problem with certain other models? My other concern is tires. What make/model are they coming with? I've read some folks (again not model specific in my reading) are changing their ST's to LT's. Thanks for any feedback

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design had to upgrade both of my axles on my 2018 2250 RK. They went from 2 3/8 to 3 inch axles as both were bent and the springs went flat. They were really good about it sending axles complete with all new springs, brakes etc as well as four new tires.
    We have owned ours for a year and a half now, have traveled thousands of miles with it and spend up to 3/12 months in it at a time and are still very happy with it.
    Pull ours with a 2017 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 hemi and 392 rear end, equalizer weight distribution anti sway hitch, added a pair of Timbrens to level out the minor sag and have no problems at all.
    Very comfortable tow.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Cman for the feedback. I appreciate it [emoji846] I'm concerned about this axle issue. But I still love this model.more than any other. It fits my needs with my Sierra 1500 and for me and my wife as far as size and amenities.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123