Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acadiaforever View Post
    The "rocking and rolling" on the 310 main slides is how they get a good seal all around with power applied only on the bottom. The slide's roller arrangement causes the slide to have a pivot point.

When closed, the pivot point of the slide is outside the center of gravity, causing the slide to want to tilt in. This makes sure that the top is well sealed. The ram on the bottom makes sure the bottom is well sealed.

When the slide is extended, the pivot point is inside the CG, so the slide wants to tip outward. Again, this makes sure the top is well sealed.

During extension or retraction, the pivot point passes through the CG causing the surprising (and gut wrenching, the first time you see it) tipping.
    I need to get me some of that Kool-Aid you're drinking, Al. I bet it would help me make sense of a lot of the stupid things GD did when they built my trailer.

Watching the way the slide out hard-drops down on the rails during extension, I think its possible that the slide out box will actually break off at some point. What's happening is just not right.
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    My issue is with the hydraulic-pump slide outs.
    I should read more carefully, sorry. On my hydraulic slides the slide box definitely gets lifted up while retracting and then at the end of extending "drops" into the groove. Hobby Horse. That would look like a rock n roll effect.

There is a single hydraulic ram on one side that pushes/pulls the slide, this would cause some off center binding, but if everything is ok it will not bind side to side, that is, one side goes slower than the other causing the slide to "bind".

All that said I am not understanding the problem enough to be any help, sorry, I would like to be helpful.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12