User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncitro View Post
    In my particular case the pass through of the ATS was only rated at 30 amps, so I needed to split off the non-inverter loads (A/C, Fridge, and HWH) so the inverters pass through ATS did not draw too much. I could have gone with a bigger inverter but mine was expensive enough as it was, or an external ATS rated for 50 amps, but I figured there was no need since I would not need to run those items off the inverter anyway.
    Ok yeah I could see doing it for those reasons.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Ok yeah I could see doing it for those reasons.
    I think it is pretty rare to find a inverter with a built in transfer switch that will handle the full 50 amp service the rig can take in. External ATS of this rating are common, but I figured the extra panel would be simple enough.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Why you guys with inverters and ATS aren't wiring it directly to the main panel?
    For me, there are a couple of reasons:

- Primary reason is safety. I've forgotten to throw the converter breaker twice now. I guess I'm easily distracted. I've just got way to much battery (800 amp/hrs) to mess around. Besides me and Renee, I don't want to damage the batteries by forgetting and taking a walk somewhere.

- Lack of space in the main panel. There aren't any more circuits available (if I keep all the original in place), but I need a 20A circuit to feed my inverter/charger, and I want to add a dedicated circuit for the reefer. The reefer is on a circuit that has 3 or 4 110V outlets and the TV. Can't believe they did that.

- Convenience. There are some circuits that I never want activated by mistake (AC1, AC2, water heater, fireplace, reefer when I get it dedicated), so I've been in the habit of throwing all those breakers whenever I invert. It's just a PITA for me to bend over and read the circuit board labels (they're upside down!)
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think GoPower is the only inverter that will handle 50 amp pass through.

It's odd that Magnum doesn't given how many units are 50 amp when using two phases, not 30.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncitro View Post
    I think it is pretty rare to find a inverter with a built in transfer switch that will handle the full 50 amp service the rig can take in. External ATS of this rating are common, but I figured the extra panel would be simple enough.
    Go Power does make a 3000 watt inverter with a 125 amp charger that has the dual pole 50 amp pass thru ATS (GP-IC-3000). I have been using mine since January. Magnum does make one as well 3012 RV, but the last time I checked it was on an engineering hold. That was in December when I was looking for one.
    Monty and Nena, with our 4 legged friend Allie

2018 Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn CC 4X4 DRW Mopar M25 hitch with 90 gal Aux tank
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 376TH
    2014 Harley Tri-Glide

[SIGPIC]http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARFLGAIAKSLAMNMSMONENMNDOKSCSDTNTXsm.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Magnum 3012 will only pass one phase at 60 amps, not both.

2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    That Magnum 3012 will only pass one phase at 60 amps, not both.
    I was referring the to the MSH-3012 RV, it has a 50 amp dual pole ATS built in.

https://www.magnum-dimensions.com/si...V%20Series.pdf

Monty

2014 Harley Tri-Glide

[SIGPIC]http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARFLGAIAKSLAMNMSMONENMNDOKSCSDTNTXsm.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rhetorical question, why would they pull back on this? It fits the perfect bill! Thanks for digging it up Monty.

2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    Rhetorical question, why would they pull back on this? It fits the perfect bill! Thanks for digging it up Monty.
    I agree. I had already ordered and paid for one, and the sales man called me and said that he could not send it due to the hold. That is the reason I went with the Go Power model, It made wiring up the AC side so easy.

Monty

2014 Harley Tri-Glide

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjaike View Post
    I agree. I had already ordered and paid for one, and the sales man called me and said that he could not send it due to the hold. That is the reason I went with the Go Power model, It made wiring up the AC side so easy.

Monty
    Unless they've updated their models, the reason I didn't get a GoPower was when inverting it only powers one leg of 50A. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post216148 or https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=A95JGgQk6aI (YouTube video by the guy from OptingOutofNormal.)
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast