User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Unless they've updated their models, the reason I didn't get a GoPower was when inverting it only powers one leg of 50A. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post216148 or https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=A95JGgQk6aI (YouTube video by the guy from OptingOutofNormal.)
    Howard,

The model I have powers both legs of AC from the inverter. It will only power assist on leg 1 when hooked up to shore power that is less than 50 amp. I have not had to use this feature as we have always been hooked up to 50 service at the campgrounds since I installed it.

https://gpelectric.com/wp-content/up...GP-IC-3000.pdf

Monty
    Monty and Nena, with our 4 legged friend Allie

2018 Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn CC 4X4 DRW Mopar M25 hitch with 90 gal Aux tank
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 376TH
    2014 Harley Tri-Glide

[SIGPIC]http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARFLGAIAKSLAMNMSMONENMNDOKSCSDTNTXsm.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^What he said. LOL
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Setting Up Camp BuddyLovesCamping's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    For me, there are a couple of reasons:

- Primary reason is safety. I've forgotten to throw the converter breaker twice now. I guess I'm easily distracted. I've just got way to much battery (800 amp/hrs) to mess around. Besides me and Renee, I don't want to damage the batteries by forgetting and taking a walk somewhere.

- Lack of space in the main panel. There aren't any more circuits available (if I keep all the original in place), but I need a 20A circuit to feed my inverter/charger, and I want to add a dedicated circuit for the reefer. The reefer is on a circuit that has 3 or 4 110V outlets and the TV. Can't believe they did that.

- Convenience. There are some circuits that I never want activated by mistake (AC1, AC2, water heater, fireplace, reefer when I get it dedicated), so I've been in the habit of throwing all those breakers whenever I invert. It's just a PITA for me to bend over and read the circuit board labels (they're upside down!)
    I'm planning on installing a single (for now) Victron inverter, wired with the option to install a second one (for the "other" phase) in the future. To do this, I'm going to add a new Main breaker box with only the dual 50A breakers. The shore power cord will go straight to this new box, where it splits into two separate legs. The existing main panel will then become a subpanel divided into "inverter" loads and "non-inverter" loads. The Victron includes an ATS so remembering to flip all the breakers on/off won't be a problem. What I'm wondering, though, is whether the Neutral and Ground should be bonded in this new Main panel I'm adding. I'm thinking "no". I haven't checked the existing panel yet but I ASSUME they are NOT bonded -- my understanding is that neutral and ground should only be bonded at the "source" of the power (either a shore power post, or generator, etc.)

Does this sound correct?
    Ken, Suzi & Buddy (Sporgi - Spaniel/Corgi)
    Dallas, OR
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 344GK-R
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L, CC, LB, DRW, 4x4

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyLovesCamping View Post
    I'm planning on installing a single (for now) Victron inverter, wired with the option to install a second one (for the "other" phase) in the future. To do this, I'm going to add a new Main breaker box with only the dual 50A breakers. The shore power cord will go straight to this new box, where it splits into two separate legs. The existing main panel will then become a subpanel divided into "inverter" loads and "non-inverter" loads. The Victron includes an ATS so remembering to flip all the breakers on/off won't be a problem. What I'm wondering, though, is whether the Neutral and Ground should be bonded in this new Main panel I'm adding. I'm thinking "no". I haven't checked the existing panel yet but I ASSUME they are NOT bonded -- my understanding is that neutral and ground should only be bonded at the "source" of the power (either a shore power post, or generator, etc.)

Does this sound correct?
    You are correct, they should not be bonded. Even though it’s the “main” panel for the rig, it’s not the main for the service, that’s at the location of the ground rod.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyLovesCamping View Post
    Does this sound correct?
    My Progressive Dynamics distribution panel installation manual says (regarding the incoming shore power cable):

"The Ground wire will go to the lower (horizontal) buss bar, as will any ground wires from other AC circuits. An 8-gauge Wire (bare copper) needs to be run from this buss to the closest place you can reach the chassis and secured there.This is critical for safety."

(Italics and bold added by me.)
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123