User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion Vision S Question

On the Vision S, is the angle of the Camera adjustable?

I want to use it as a rear view camera so I don’t really need it to point at the rear bumper, I would like it to be set so the horizon behind me is in the picture. Does anyone know if this can work?

Thanks
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    On the Vision S, is the angle of the Camera adjustable?
    The camera tilts up/down some.
    Furrion FOS07TASF 7" Vision S Wireless Vehicle Observation System: 7-inch Monitor and 1 Rear Sharkfin Bracket Camera
    Seller on Amazon says:
    Question: will the camera rotate up to straight out or higher. My trailer is a pop up A frame and where I would mount it is not perfectly vertical
    Answer: The camera for the sharkfin bracket will only rotate up to 45° maximum, however the camera for FOS07TASR rotates up to 90°, or straight out.

Furrion Seller · August 31, 2018
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    On the Vision S, is the angle of the Camera adjustable? I want to use it as a rear view camera so I don’t really need it to point at the rear bumper, I would like it to be set so the horizon behind me is in the picture. Does anyone know if this can work? Thanks
    I have one, yes, it can be tilted up and down. Horizon? I'd guess yes, but I haven't gone that far. Mine lets me see close behind me (not bumper, but close) but I'd *guess* I can still see 40' or more behind me. It's a pretty wide-angle view.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, I guess I will give one a try in the next few weeks and see how it works out.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed the Furrion Vision S system today. The camera will tilt more than enough for what I wanted. The picture is a bit fish eyed but quite usable. The camera tilt combined with the fish eye allowed me to set the camera so that I can see above the horizon behind while still seeing part of the rear corners of the trailer. It should be quite satisfactory, I just need to learn how to tell distance because “objects are closer than they appear” most assuredly applies.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK