User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming the middle bar is its proper place, has the fridge been keeping things cold? We live in Phoenix and camp in a lot of warmer areas.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my12by60 View Post
    Assuming the middle bar is its proper place, has the fridge been keeping things cold? We live in Phoenix and camp in a lot of warmer areas.
    Mine will maintain 38 to 40 deg in the fridge on a warm day, 88 to 92 deg.F. It's colder when ambient temperature is lower. The fans are critical to get lower internal temperatures. I'm going to look into adding fan capacity, as well as quieter units to help. There is a thread here about adding fans BTW.
    The "flapper" is critical to maintaining temperatures. Mine wouldn't flip closed in the guide and often didn't seal the doors down the middle. It's at the dealer now and they adjusted the left door to close the "flapper". Interestingly when I called Dometic about a service procedure to fix the problem they wouldn't give me anything. They said it needed to be addressed by a service tech.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 08-19-2019 at 03:29 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wicked - How does your F150 with HDPP handle the 260? What is the payload number on your door sticker? We are shopping for a truck also.

Jimposey - What are you towing your 260 with and how do you like the combination?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my12by60......Payload is 2461# per the yellow sticker. I weighed it when new and saw 5380# on the Quarry scale I use nearby. I've added about 275# of accessories and equipment. A Curt Double Lock hitch and Andersen Ultimate are about 80# together. After I moved all my stuff into the trailer I weighed it at 8350# and a hitch weight of about 1500# dry so 18% is a good percentage to work with. With me, my dog and a medium cooler in the truck I figure I have about 350# payload left.
    As far as handling the trailer. It pulls it no problems, plenty of power and handles just fine. I tweaked some to help out like Bilstien 5100 shocks front (no lift) and rear, Hellwig sway bar and Richardson Active Suspension. I could feel surging in the rear pulling from stops while towing. I discovered I was feeling axle wrap and the RAS cured the problem.
    I have about 3000 miles on the trailer since I took delivery in early April. There is more to do, mostly to he trailer but it'll work out for us for a few years. I does fit nicely as a "half ton towable" as long as you have the right "half ton". There is a Winnie and an Open Range that I was looking at. They are a little longer and heavier and I might consider them but not much more. The 295RL is too much trailer for this truck, for me.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 08-19-2019 at 04:38 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great info Wicked. I am trying to decide on what minimum number I need to target on the yellow payload sticker in order to leave a decent cushion for truck and trailer cargo. The 2400 lbs area seems to be a good minimum target, which means only the Ford HDPP among half-ton trucks. We are also looking at the Nissan Titan XD and 3/4 ton trucks. Only certain configurations of the Nissan will get up to 2400 lbs in payload. Most of the 3/4 ton trucks get there without much problem except for the Dodge Ram Megacab.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our middle bar, the “flapper”, sometimes needs to be manually moved to the closed position. But other than that the fridge is fine. I had to lower the setting to “3” because it was too cold. Outside temp was in the 80’s.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TS_Breezes View Post
    Our middle bar, the “flapper”, sometimes needs to be manually moved to the closed position. But other than that the fridge is fine. I had to lower the setting to “3” because it was too cold. Outside temp was in the 80’s.
    FYI.... because you need to manually close the flapper indicates the left door needs adjustment upward. I just had this done by the dealer. I had called Dometic about it thinking I would do it myself but they weren't forthcoming with information. Only that it needed to be performed by an authorized dealer.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you guys both have the Dometic double-door? The Dometic looks a bit nicer than the Norcold because the freezer area is one big compartment in the Dometic vs. two separate compartments (divided by a wall) in the Norcold.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my12by60 View Post
    Do you guys both have the Dometic double-door? The Dometic looks a bit nicer than the Norcold because the freezer area is one big compartment in the Dometic vs. two separate compartments (divided by a wall) in the Norcold.
    Dometic RM1350....I was just looking at this if you are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zm1cOgn2Uk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched that same video a few days ago. The Amish cooling units look industrial-grade compared the stock Dometic and Norcold cooling units. The still pictures in the video clearly show the divided freezer of the Norcold.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast