User Tag List

View Poll Results: What water pressure do you permit?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • 40+

10 18.52%
  • 45+

20 37.04%
  • 50+

8 14.81%
  • 55+

14 25.93%
  • 60+

0 0%
  • Don't regulate / give 'er hell

2 3.70%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Any theories about why the Nautilus panel so degraded the inside water pressure? Everything behind it is 1/2" pex or soft hose except for some 90-degree fittings here and there. Is it those, or the Nautilus valves themselves, or something else?
    I'd guess a valve. I played with them but it's possible one wasn't quite right and occluding flow.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does GD not have built in pressure regulators? I thought all manufactures were doing that now.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by teamroper View Post
    Does GD not have built in pressure regulators? I thought all manufactures were doing that now.
    I have never heard anyone mention a built in pressure regulator in several years of plumbing discussions. I think the answer is “no”.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have owned several different makes/brands of RVs and none of them had built-in pressure regulators.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    lol

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DK ... don’t know, don’t kare. Having had a water leak in the past, I don’t take any chances. I use this at the water panel: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N7...op_mb_pd_title

Better safe than sorry ..

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have the nice brass gauge a lot of people use, and set it to 40 psi. Question is, you have to have the water running inside the RV in order to see any changes on the gauge when turning the set screw, so do you set it to 40 psi while the water is running? Or when no water is running? Reason I’m asking is the number changes when you turn the water off. It will read 40 psi but when I turn off the water the gauge reads 50.
    So if your target is 40 psi, should it be set to that when the water is running or not running?

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind that past the inlet check valve, with no faucets opened and the water heater warming cold water, the system pressure will climb well past the gauge reading on your external pressure regulator.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I have the nice brass gauge a lot of people use, and set it to 40 psi. Question is, you have to have the water running inside the RV in order to see any changes on the gauge when turning the set screw, so do you set it to 40 psi while the water is running? Or when no water is running? Reason I’m asking is the number changes when you turn the water off. It will read 40 psi but when I turn off the water the gauge reads 50.
    So if your target is 40 psi, should it be set to that when the water is running or not running?

Turn the adjustment in a few turns, then connect the regulator and turn on the water. If the gauge reads more than you want the pressure to be disconnect it, turn the adjustment in a few more turns and try again. When the gauge reads less than you want your pressure to be simply turn the adjustment out until the gauge shows your desired pressure. You won't need to run the water to make your adjustments this way. You should only ever have to do this once unless something happens to change your regulator settings or the spring inside it weaken.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The static pressure compared to the flow pressure depends entirely on how far you open one faucet or how many faucets you open. Open three or four faucets and you will reach the system restriction pressure which is likely to be only a few psi on the gauge.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast