User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon T View Post
    I'll wave to you boys when you're on the side of the road with dead batteries. To think one of these things is going to pull a heavy trailer very far on a battery pack seems a little far fetched to me. Especially considering that my attorney drives a Nissan Leaf compact car and can't even leave town in it. Where is the big advance in battery capacity that I'm not seeing?

I'll stick with my diesel.
    Spend a few minutes looking up the Tesla semi truck. They tow 80,000 lbs and still blow the doors off diesels. And have plenty of range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a range listed, unloaded range.

These things will get a fraction of the distance towing. Not even close to realistic towing distance you'd be lucky to go 100 miles.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just because you would rather drive your diesel doesn’t mean an electric truck is a bad idea.

It always cracks me up how people revolt against electric anything. Like all the guys that said Tesla would cars would be pitiful and slow.

I can’t wait to have an electric truck so I can say goodbye to smelly diesel fuel, and the exhaust.
    I can’t sit in traffic with my windows down without choking on my own fumes.

Anyway this thread was just to let folks know about this cool new truck.
    I don't want it to turn into another annoying diesel rules argument.
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 01-10-2019 at 01:27 AM.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Just because you would rather drive your diesel doesn’t mean an electric truck is a bad idea.

It always cracks me up how people revolt against electric anything. Like all the guys that said Tesla would cars would be pitiful and slow.
    I disagree, my experience is more so that if someone hasn't drank the cool-aid and jumped on the bandwagon of diesel/gasoline=BAD and Electric=God send, we are nay-sayer's and against electric anything. I firmly believe the concept electric motors offer more torque and less maintenance overall and battery technology is improving with every generation of product. BUT, but, but... it certainly is NOT, not, not, there yet for everyone. For those of us that it is not ready for yet and are willing to say so and even dare to point out current deficiencies shouldn't be put down or criticized...

YMMV
    Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Atlis Electric Truck

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    I disagree, my experience is more so that if someone hasn't drank the cool-aid and jumped on the bandwagon of diesel/gasoline=BAD and Electric=God send, we are nay-sayer's and against electric anything. I firmly believe the concept electric motors offer more torque and less maintenance overall and battery technology is improving with every generation of product. BUT, but, but... it certainly is NOT, not, not, there yet for everyone. For those of us that it is not ready for yet and are willing to say so and even dare to point out current deficiencies shouldn't be put down or criticized...

YMMV
    Jim
    Yet you just criticized me by saying I drank the kool-aid and insinuated I think electric is a godsend.

I just posted a link to a new type of truck and complained about the smell of diesel.

Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 01-09-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet you just criticized me by saying I drank the kool-aid and insinuated I think electric is a godsend.

I just posted a link to a new type of truck and complained about the smell of diesel.

DMW, My intent was not to criticize you. For this I apologize if taken that way. As you will see I stated "my experience is..." and I will stand being that this has been my experience from many that are on the electric vehicle bandwagon around me. There are those that I believe have "drank the kool-aid" and notice I didn't say you did I... I will leave it there and again apologize if you feel I was singling you out.
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spend a few minutes looking up the Tesla semi truck. They tow 80,000 lbs and still blow the doors off diesels. And have plenty of range.

I think electric cars, busses, trucks are all exciting. The only issues I see is that they are consistently being over sold with todays cost and true capability. Its possible to make an electric truck to tow huge amounts of mass but it must be charged. Tesla is not making a profit and I'm pretty sure everyone else is taking a loss on them at this time. But we should continue developing. With gasoline being under $2.00/gal and with my truck having unlimited range, I will not be buying one anytime soon.

Having a TT or fifth wheel with its own battery to aid in towing would also possible but the cost would be huge.
    Last edited by MidwestCamper; 01-09-2019 at 04:44 PM.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I bet these same discussions occurred when automobiles were first introduced. I’ll stick with my horses they said.

: )

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Midwest

Your post got me to thinkin. Could we put an alternator mounted to the axel of the trailer and have it recharge our battery bank while towing?
    This could be supplemental to solar maybe...….

Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is gas under $2 a gal? I think that an Elec truck is great, and in a few years you will see them able to tow for a few hundred mile per charge. I like my durmax Diesel, but I like the idea of the elec truck. My next truck may be elec.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast