User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battle Born Lithium

Seems to be some very knowledge people on this form about Lithium Batteries.

1. Currently, I have six 6-volt batteries at 220 amps per battery which gives me 1320 amps at 6-volt and but at 12-volts that's 660 amps.

2. So the 660 amps and only using 50% so I don't do any unnecessary damage to the batteries that would give 330 amps usable.

3. Battle Born batteries are 100 amps at 12 volts so three batteries would give me 300 usable amps so I would only be short of 30 apps from my usable amps. With 6 batteries I would have 600 usable amps.

4. I was originally told that you would damage the Battle Born batteries if you use a 100 amps but found out that the internal battery management will shut the battery down before any damage and the batteries are over 100 amps but you can only use 100 amps before shut down.

5. I also ask about adding to the bank of batteries. My plan was to add 3 to start with and adding more if needed. I was told since each battery has it's own battery management you don't have to replace/add batteries at the same time and wasn't a problem adding to the bank.

6. I called battle Born and looks like I don't need any other equipment added to my coach since my inverter/charger a Magnum Model MS-2812 that supports a lithium profile.

If you remove the cost of the batteries I don't see any reason why not to upgrade to Battle Born Lithium batteries. Can anyone give me any negitives other than cost and is my reseach correct?
    Last edited by CWSWine; 01-10-2019 at 02:26 PM.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also looking to get lithium batteries. i have been looking a lot of different brands and country of origins. The ones make in the US are sooooo expensive. I also have Six 6volt batteries, right now and want to go with at least 6 lithium batteries. One brand it looks like I could get nine batteries in the same place. I have 1200 watts of solar on the roof I cant use till I get the lithium batteries.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I recently switched to two Battle Born batteries and so far they are working out fine here at the Quartzsite rally. With 300 watts of solar, I haven't run the generator in four days.
    There us another one of our forum users here with six of them!

Jim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Battle Born Lithium

Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    Seems to be some very knowledge people on this form about Lithium Batteries.

1. Currently, I have six 6-volt batteries at 220 amps per battery which gives me 1320 amps at 6-volt and but at 12-volts that's 660 amps.

2. So the 660 amps and only using 50% so I don't do any unnecessary damage to the batteries that would give 330 amps usable.

3. Battle Born batteries are 100 amps at 12 volts so three batteries would give me 300 usable amps so I would only be short of 30 apps from my usable amps. With 6 batteries I would have 600 usable amps.

4. I was originally told that you would damage the Battle Born batteries if you use a 100 amps but found out that the internal battery management will shut the battery down before any damage and the batteries are over 100 amps but you can only use 100 amps before shut down.

5. I also ask about adding to the bank of batteries. My plan was to add 3 to start with and adding more if needed. I was told since each battery has it's own battery management you don't have to replace/add batteries at the same time and wasn't a problem adding to the bank.

6. I called battle Born and looks like I don't need any other equipment added to my coach since my inverter/charger a Magnum Model MS-2812 that supports a lithium profile.

If you remove the cost of the batteries I don't see any reason why not to upgrade to Battle Born Lithium batteries. Can anyone give me any negitives other than cost and is my reseach correct?
    Each Battle Born 12v 100ah battery should be charged at 50 amps. If your charger charges at 100 amps and you have 3 batteries, each battery will only receive 33.3 amps. So no problem.
    I have 4 of them and my inverter charges at 125 amps.
    I suspect that even if you only had one battery and tried charging it at 100 amps, the BMS would protect it and either not allow it or limit the current.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 01-10-2019 at 07:21 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Each Battle Born 12v 100ah battery should be charged at 50 amps. If your charger charges at 100 amps and you have 3 batteries, each battery will only receive 33.3 amps. So no problem.
    I have 4 of them and my inverter charges at 125 amps.
    I suspect that even if you only had one battery and tried charging it at 100 amps, the BMS would protect it and either not allow it or limit the current.

I don't know where you got you info, but Battle Born says that max voltage for charging is 14.6 volts, not 50 volts. Sorry I thought that everyone should know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
    I don't know where you got you info, but Battle Born says that max voltage for charging is 14.6 volts, not 50 volts. Sorry I thought that everyone should know.
    Careful he is talking about amps not volts
    Darwin & Linda
    Southern, Idaho
    2014 Ram 3500 SRW Diesel
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Battle Born Lithium

Quote Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
    What are you talking about???

In my post I clearly said amps in five different places and never even mentioned volts.

And I got my info from Jodi at Battle Born.

Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 01-11-2019 at 10:10 AM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sorry I miss understood. You are right the max amp are 50 and the max voltage is 14.6 .

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to go total solar on my RV and with Lithium batteries, but dang no price drops in years on these things. Is there anything out there better or cheaper with same specs?
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7l 4x4 regular cab 3.73 gears 68rfe trans. Payload 6255lbs
    2016 Reflection 337rls

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stimpack View Post
    I want to go total solar on my RV and with Lithium batteries, but dang no price drops in years on these things. Is there anything out there better or cheaper with same specs?
    No, but from what I have seen there are more expensive options that are not any better. The battle born are a fair price given the current market, unfortunately.... that is why I haven’t switched...
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast