User Tag List

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interesting. At this point I'd be willing to cover the material cost difference to upgrade my D35 axles to D44 (with the heavier springs) if they (GD) will cover the labour to swap/install them.

Highly doubt they would entertain that but a dealer might?

Cheers
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
    Interesting. At this point I'd be willing to cover the material cost difference to upgrade my D35 axles to D44 (with the heavier springs) if they (GD) will cover the labour to swap/install them.

Highly doubt they would entertain that but a dealer might?

Cheers
    Tim
    I am with you on that one. I am going to try to get them to make my trailer the same as the other 2019's. The customer service rep did say the if I have the 2 3/8" axles they would upgrade to the 3".
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got off the phone with Grand Design customer service and they said they will send me out new 3500lb axles and springs. I am trying to get them to allow me to upgrade to the 4400lb axles and springs. The rep I dealt with told me they cannot do this because it is a warranty item, I escalated t management to see if I can pay the difference.
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if you'd be better off just buying 4400's and asking GD to reimburse you for the cost of 3500's?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    I wonder if you'd be better off just buying 4400's and asking GD to reimburse you for the cost of 3500's?
    I'm thinking that GDRV might go for the cost of the axle and spring upgrade (the difference in price to them would be minimal) . . . but where they are probably having a problem is the new wheels and (maybe) tires. If you are thinking of replacing the tires anyway . . . you could go after GDRV for heavier axle and spring assemblies and offer to cover the new (correct bolt pattern) wheels as part of your own tire/wheel upgrade. There are lots of nice trailer wheels out there fo a very reasonable price, particularly if purchased with tires. Just a thought . . .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just received an email stating they will upgrade to the 4400lb axels and springs. The rep and supervisor will have a meeting on Monday to discuss details. I was going to buy new tires anyway just have to figure in the wheels.
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheeba View Post
    I just received an email stating they will upgrade to the 4400lb axels and springs. The rep and supervisor will have a meeting on Monday to discuss details. I was going to buy new tires anyway just have to figure in the wheels.
    Remember that there is considerable "resale" value in your old tires/wheels/axles/springs. This is a "complete package" that someone is sure to want for a smaller trailer that they are rebuilding or repairing.

Rob
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 02-01-2019 at 03:45 PM.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So glad to hear that! I would really like to know why that trailer didn't have the 4400lbs axles to begin with. Makes me wonder if they didn't slip the wrong set in it.
    2020 Ford F350 6.7
    2018 2800BH Imagine
    And a couple of Polaris RMK snowmobiles :cool:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They said, they sometimes make mid-year changes to materials, components, etc. They did that this year-model and it increased the weight, so they increased the axle capacity. I asked what was changed to increase the weight but he couldn’t tell me. I’m just happy they are going to work with me to make me happy. If all goes as stated then I am extremely happy with GD customer service.
    I am buying the Morryde 3000 and wet bolts to add on when the change-out is made.
    Any other obvious upgrade suggestions at this time would be appreciated.
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They said, they sometimes make mid-year changes to materials, components, etc. They did that this year-model and it increased the weight, so they increased the axle capacity. I asked what was changed to increase the weight but he couldn’t tell me. I’m just happy they are going to work with me to make me happy. If all goes as stated then I am extremely happy with GD customer service.
    I am buying the Morryde 3000 and wet bolts to add on when the change-out is made.
    Any other obvious upgrade suggestions at this time would be appreciated.
    That's great news! What they told me why they went to the heavier axles was the slide mechanism was changed from schwintek to the in frame slide and some other options but I compared the UVW weight of our 2018 model to the 2019 model with the changes the sticker weight difference was only 48 pounds. But the GVWR was increased. I would ask if that would change your sticker weights and if they would issue a new one. I'm doing the same putting in the Morryde 3000 and wetbolts. Still waiting for the springs.
    Last edited by Rob&Vicki; 02-03-2019 at 10:20 AM.
    2020 Ford F350 6.7
    2018 2800BH Imagine
    And a couple of Polaris RMK snowmobiles :cool:

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast