Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Interesting, maybe the sticker accounts for driver weight. Not sure, I would go by the sticker to be on the safe side.

Brian
    Funny. It says right on the sticker. Any passengers and cargo must not exceed 2915. But I have a big problem if I have to stick to that weight. I can get it to 3100 without a problem. I bought this truck to tow a Cougar Xlite. It was 8000 lbs dry, so I never looked at the sticker. Then we looked at 337 with hitch weight on brochure of 2090. Knew my payload was 3400, so no worries, right? Then I buy the 337 and find the actual hitch weight is 2250 from the factory. And then look at the truck sticker and it’s 2915. Truck cover and hitch are 200. We are 350. Time for a diet, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Todd Dean
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Silverado 2500 Gas, std Bed, 2 WD
    BW Companion

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the advertised weights are never accurate. This is why we ask folks to consider worse case scenario and go with full gross weight of rv and 20% pin on 5ers and 15
    % on TT. This gives a enough room for anything extra. The 337's are heavy, but if you "diet" you might be ok.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something else you might want to consider is the capacity of the waste tanks, especially with the grandkids. We tend to camp places where they don't necessarily have full hookups, and I seem to end up dumping grey water every two days. Bigger tanks would be a big help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jim and Judy in a Ram 2500 towing a
    2015 Reflection 29RS with modifications

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deano17 View Post
    Yes, I did weigh it. But the numbers don’t work. Truck weighs 6330 with full tank of gas. GVWR is 9500. So shouldn’t I have 3170 left for payload? Sticker says 2915

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If I was under gvwr, axle, and tire ratings I’d run it and not think twice about it. That’s my own personal opinion based on the fact no state has laws governing payload capacity.
    2019 31MB
    2004 Dodge 2500 5.9
    2015 Jeep 4 door
    1998 Mustang 5.3l turbo

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice on 5th wheel weights and towing

Quote Originally Posted by Spedly View Post
    If I was under gvwr, axle, and tire ratings I’d run it and not think twice about it. That’s my own personal opinion based on the fact no state has laws governing payload capacity.
    That’s what I was thinking. You said something that made me think. The tire rating. So if a tire says 3500lbs, that is referring to what? Payload? Or do you multiply times two and it’s the rear axle weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd Dean
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Silverado 2500 Gas, std Bed, 2 WD
    BW Companion

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tire has a rating on the sidewalk something like 3550@80psi this should also be on the door sticker if you are still running the factory tires. That is how much weight that 1 tire can support at a given pressure. Generally when you scale the truck you just divide the rear axle weight by 2 and that is what you have on each rear tire. Axle weight is on your door sticker as rawr or something similar.
    2019 31MB
    2004 Dodge 2500 5.9
    2015 Jeep 4 door
    1998 Mustang 5.3l turbo

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 1 ton single rear wheel truck will handle any of the Reflection trailers--simply put.

I have a 3/4 ton diesel towing a 323BHS, and I'm max'd out. But I am barely under the max weight numbers.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    A 1 ton single rear wheel truck will handle any of the Reflection trailers--simply put.

I have a 3/4 ton diesel towing a 323BHS, and I'm max'd out. But I am barely under the max weight numbers.
    I'd say the 367BHS may not be in that SRW category with a 15K GVWR....depending on the truck. Most of the SRW one ton truck's payload tips out between 3200-3400 lbs....and when you look at the pin weight at 15K, based on 20% and then add in the 5ver hitch weight, it leaves you very, very, little for anything else, like passengers, a toolbox, etc.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If not exceeding payload is the overarching concern, then x-rated, you may be right, the 367BHS maxxed out could exceed payload of most one ton's.

If you subscribe to the belief that the RGAWR is the critical data point, then the the 367BHS is still in the SRW category, as long as the RGAWR is 7000 or more.

Based on my weights with my 367BHS, even if I get to max GVWR of the trailer, I will be below the RGAWR by ~600lbs, but I will exceed payload by around 100lbs.

So, depends on how comfortable you are in your decision.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I make it a point to NEVER exceed ANY of the manufacturers stated capacity ratings....GVWR, FAWR, RAWR, GCVWR, payload, tire load capacity...none of them. A lot of folks will tell you the only thing, from a legal point of view is the axle weight ratings and the tire capacity ratings (DOT regulations), and that is true. Then there is of course the GCVWR that will kick in to ding you if your state requires special licensing for 26,001 lbs or above....and that is also true. What many folks either don't know, or don't care is the fact that if you are knowingly overloaded AND have an accident, especially a serious accident or a fatality accident, the injured person or their survivors will surely sue you in a civil case. I've worked way to hard in my life to purposely open myself up to them for THAT chance, which seems to me would be a semi-easy case for the opposing attorney to win. And if he does, you could easily lose everything you own...and then some. Even if they don't win, how much money, time, and grief are you willing to deal with to avoid a lawsuit against you because you were knowing (willful intent????) towing overloaded. Bottom line for me is to avoid it by staying within the manufacturer's stated capacities on each and EVERY category. Everyone out there has their own comfort level with what they think is OK and what is not OK, but I definitely fall in the group that thinks it's Not OK to exceed ANY of the capacities or ratings
    Last edited by xrated; 03-11-2019 at 10:34 AM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast