User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Hooking up Dish SAT in Bedroom

I have a 2019 310GK and wish to set up a Dish receiver in the bedroom. I know there is a SAT port in the service bay for bedroom SAT. I don’t have access right now to my unit, so I have these questions. In the bedroom does the TV have a HDMI port and is there a coax connector in the bedroom for the SAT? I can only remember see the coax port that runs to the King antenna. Assume if there is no HDMI port on the TV you just have to connect the receiver to the coax on the TV. Thanks.
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm technology challenged so I may not be the one to answer your questions but I can tell you that our Dish Hopper is in the living room and we have a wireless joey in the bedroom and the outside TV. We get three different channels at the same time on our three TVs. You might want to look at the wireless joeys.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    I'm technology challenged so I may not be the one to answer your questions but I can tell you that our Dish Hopper is in the living room and we have a wireless joey in the bedroom and the outside TV. We get three different channels at the same time on our three TVs. You might want to look at the wireless joeys.
    Thanks! I had not seen a wireless Joey for the RV. Is it only hooked up to power and not SAT input? What receiver are you using as your main receiver? Guessing my 211z won't support the wireless Joey.
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasUmpire View Post
    Thanks! I had not seen a wireless Joey for the RV. Is it only hooked up to power and not SAT input? What receiver are you using as your main receiver? Guessing my 211z won't support the wireless Joey.
    Hard to see behind that bedroom TV but there are two cables.....I assume one is power and the other goes to the wireless joey. We had Dish install because it was much cheaper than the RV shops that I got a quote from.....and, they came to us.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    Hard to see behind that bedroom TV but there are two cables.....I assume one is power and the other goes to the wireless joey. We had Dish install because it was much cheaper than the RV shops that I got a quote from.....and, they came to us.
    Thanks for your input on this.
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just checked mine... There is an "AUX / BEDROOM" input in the wet bay and a second F-connector in the ceiling wall plate. So I'd say 99.9% chance you've got a easy route from an external sat antenna to the bedroom.

One suggestion.... since you're using Dish get a VIP211 rather than a Wally. Overall I find the VIP to be a better receiver with a portable (and roof dome) than a Wally. Or wait until next year when Dish comes out with a new version of the Wally.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I just checked mine... There is an "AUX / BEDROOM" input in the wet bay and a second F-connector in the ceiling wall plate. So I'd say 99.9% chance you've got a easy route from an external sat antenna to the bedroom.

One suggestion.... since you're using Dish get a VIP211 rather than a Wally. Overall I find the VIP to be a better receiver with a portable (and roof dome) than a Wally. Or wait until next year when Dish comes out with a new version of the Wally.
    Awesome. Thanks
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In bad or rainy wether the the dish type gets better reception than the dome. One of the things I learned doing my research before we decided to go with the Trav'ler dish and the Hopper with Sling and the two wireless joeys. We bought all of our equipment.....didn't want to rent it monthly. Pricey but we've never had a problem any where in the nation going ocean to ocean twice. Mounted in the center at the very front (RV parks do not put trees at the front of the space) for clear satellite reception.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5691 RV roof.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	18306

Name:	IMG_5692 RV roof.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	18307

Name:	IMG_5694 RV roof.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	18308

Name:	IMG_5720.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	18309

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good looking install, JCZhome.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods