User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good info. Agree on the sub-par Jensen system! My issue is even more basic in that I get a "no signal" even for the tv source.

I'm taking the rig to Pleasureland today for a scheduled service. They're going to fix/replace the panel under the bedroom wall tv where the surface is de-laminating. Hopefully they will fix the tv issue.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TENN22 View Post
    In our Momentum 351m the outside TV is connected via RCA (Red, White, Yellow) connections. I believe the jensen only has one HDMI output and it runs to the main TV inside. In order for our outside tv to work ,the RCA cables are connected and I have to select input on the outside TV remote and switch to A/V input.
    So sure enough, there are RCA cables hooked up. How I missed it, I don't know.

BUT - how the hell do you get the Jensen system to output to it? I can't seem to figure it out for the life of me, and this is usually my forte lol

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
    So sure enough, there are RCA cables hooked up. How I missed it, I don't know.

BUT - how the hell do you get the Jensen system to output to it? I can't seem to figure it out for the life of me, and this is usually my forte lol

In our situation the only way the outside speakers (output from the jensen) sound match the TV is when we are playing a DVD in the Jensen head unit. In order for the outside TV speakers to play through the Jensen head unit, there would have to be an Audio Out from the TV back to the Jensen. My setup only has cables running from the Jensen TO the TV, this is why I can only get the audio from the DVD as it is being piped out the Jensen head unit from the DVD. As soon as we switch to over the air, or cable TV we lose the ability to play the sound through the Jensen unit.
    My initial plan is to add a sound bar to the outside TV, but now I am thinking of determining the feasibility of running a cable from the TV back to the Jensen. All of this depends on how many inputs the Jensen will accept.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our situation the only way the outside speakers (output from the jensen) sound match the TV is when we are playing a DVD in the Jensen head unit. In order for the outside TV speakers to play through the Jensen head unit, there would have to be an Audio Out from the TV back to the Jensen. My setup only has cables running from the Jensen TO the TV, this is why I can only get the audio from the DVD as it is being piped out the Jensen head unit from the DVD. As soon as we switch to over the air, or cable TV we lose the ability to play the sound through the Jensen unit.
    My initial plan is to add a sound bar to the outside TV, but now I am thinking of determining the feasibility of running a cable from the TV back to the Jensen. All of this depends on how many inputs the Jensen will accept.
    I think a great "solution" would be to put an HDMI switch behind the Jensen system so you can swap TVs.

However, in reality, I want this head unit gone and replaced with a proper one that isn't a complete featureless joke lol. Just seems there isnt really anything that is worth changing to...

Like, you know, something that plays disks newer than two decades old technology...

Last edited by MightyBobo; 04-09-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a great "solution" would be to put an HDMI switch behind the Jensen system so you can swap TVs.

However, in reality, I want this head unit gone and replaced with a proper one that isn't a complete featureless joke lol. Just seems there isnt really anything that is worth changing to...

Like, you know, something that plays disks newer than two decades old technology...

I like the HDMI switch solution, I use one of those at my house now to drive two TV's from one source.
    The sad part is this Jensen head unit is far superior to my Furrion head unit that was in my Reflection.....which isn't really saying much. We did expect the Jensen to be Blu Ray compatible, but nope....like you said 20 year old technology

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the HDMI switch solution, I use one of those at my house now to drive two TV's from one source.
    The sad part is this Jensen head unit is far superior to my Furrion head unit that was in my Reflection.....which isn't really saying much. We did expect the Jensen to be Blu Ray compatible, but nope....like you said 20 year old technology
    OK, so I mucked with that thing forever this last week - does it only output to the outside TV if you're playing a DVD or some ********?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, so I mucked with that thing forever this last week - does it only output to the outside TV if you're playing a DVD or some ********?
    If I understand your question. If I am playing a DVD in the Jensen, then I can push that sound to all three zones (A,B,C) of my system, independently or all three zones simultaneously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My trailer is back from repair. Didn't have time to ask where the problem was. As I said, I had "No Signal" on any source. Now I DO have "antenna". I'm following, with interest, how to get a reasonable setup with tv and the proximal outdoor speakers working together. I was thinking of getting a firestick or roku stick for the tv and streaming.. but of course no speakers.. maybe soundbar is easiest answer. Evidently not a well thought out media system. Disappointing for the $ spent.
    Taz (Vizsla)-- Lead Dog
    Steve and Karen-- Team
    >>>-------------------->
    2017 Ford 350 6.7 DRW
    2018 GD 328 Momentum

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe this diagram will help someone. Attachment 19436

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12