User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine Plumbing! Time to plunge into the abyss of coraplast!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190420_082254.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	19499Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190419_200928.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	19500
    Some pieces to start out with. We were having issues with air getting into the system and the pump cycling every so often. The hose with the fittings are the suction side with the black hose going to the tank and the long white hose tied to a valve which I'm not sure what that is for. Possibly to pump antifreeze into the system maybe? The fitting going to the filter then into the pump was not straight onto the filter and I think it was the source of air getting in. The hose was to tight to straighten the fitting so we will make a few adjustments with new pieces!
    Has anyone thought of running the overflow hose up to the fill port? There is a vent port next to the hose inlet not being used. Seems that the current overflow will syphon some water out in transit.
    I found a fitting that will adapt pex to polybutylene from home depot so that it would be tight fit versus clamping polybutylene to pex. Could be handy if polybutylene is used in areas where flexibilty is needed.
    This is the beginning and I'll take pictures as I progress. I have a feeling wiring will come into play while I'm in the abyss!
    2020 Ford F350 6.7
    2018 2800BH Imagine
    And a couple of Polaris RMK snowmobiles :cool:

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @Rob&Vicki . . . you have opened "Pandora's Box" . . . there is no going back LOL!

Obviously, Imagine plumbing is done differently than Reflection/Solitude/Momentum. I have never seen the hose/valve combination in your second picture. I have also never seen the hose/Pex connector in your first picture. That is a great find! I was making these up from two fittings threaded together.

It is good that you have started a new thread for this. I am going to add "Imagine" to your title so that as you add to the story, other Imagine owners will be able to find what they are looking for. I would ask others to please add generic advice for Rob or ask questions specific to Imagine, but let's not hijack this thread with Reflection/Solitude/Momentum specific references.

(another) Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting - same model and year, but different color hose coming from the tank (we've got white hose instead of black). And yes, the long hose connected to the valve is to pick up antifreeze for winterizing. Good luck and we'll look forward to more pictures as you progress.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190424_204746733 - Edited.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	19580
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Count me as following - as you get to it, I'd like to learn how well your idea of routing the overflow to the fill port works out. Yes, the long white hose in your picture, with the capped end, is for sucking antifreeze into the system. It requires either a) Cutting a big hole in the anti-freeze jug, as the end won't fit in the normal jug opening, or b) cutting the fitting off so you can get the hose in the jug......can't understand why GD put that fitting on the end of the hose....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)