User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    But since then, the employee turnover has been very high, and the stores are high pressure operations.
    This is precisely why I now avoid CW (after spending thousands of dollars there in previous years). You can't get out the door without enduring the multiple high pressure sales pitches at check-out on everything from insurance on what you just bought to early renewal of your membership/Good Sam's programs/etc. I did buy insurance on one item and when I went to make a claim, they found a way to wiggle out of it.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't bought anything from CW since their CEO told me he didn't want my business. I took him at his word.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    After their CEO entered the political world, I decided to take his advice and to shop elsewhere. I have a hard time understanding those that run a company only to deliberately alienate some customers from their business. Not so smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    I haven't bought anything from CW since their CEO told me he didn't want my business. I took him at his word.
    I never understand that. As a businessman myself, I understand that everyone's money is green regardless of political view and I leave that out of my finances [emoji23]. Whether I agree with them or not, I will gladly accept their currency and encourage them to return for another exchange any chance i get.
    He must have forgotten that his customer base of many RV'ers are red blooded conservative Americans.

Im not much for TV these days, but that being said, I watch the profit. Business is a hobby of mine, and a passion I'd learned from a young age. I'd figured Marcus was more intelligent than he has displayed lately. He has gone a bit Hollywood and his show has gone down hill also as a result.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the.jmo View Post
    I never understand that. As a businessman myself, I understand that everyone's money is green regardless of political view and I leave that out of my finances [emoji23]. Whether I agree with them or not, I will gladly accept their currency and encourage them to return for another exchange any chance i get.
    He must have forgotten that his customer base of many RV'ers are red blooded conservative Americans.

Im not much for TV these days, but that being said, I watch the profit. Business is a hobby of mine, and a passion I'd learned from a young age. I'd figured Marcus was more intelligent than he has displayed lately. He has gone a bit Hollywood and his show has gone down hill also as a result.

I spent a 48 year career always looking for the next customer and better ways to retain the ones I already had. It was inconceivable to me that the CEO of a public company would dis-invite half of the country from his/her operations. I would think there is a disgruntled shareholder somewhere who might be thinking about the legal ramifications of intentionally reducing a client base for political reasons.
    Jeff and Jen
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the.jmo View Post

I've not watched his show but they may want to consider re-naming it to "How to Lose a Profit". Since Hollywood in general is far removed from most of us, so is this guy. CW needs to find another CEO.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way back before Lemonis decided to integrate his political views into his business dealings, we got a lifetime GSC membership when it was offered at a good discount. Between the $10 to $25 merchandise certificates we periodically receive, the discounts on fuel and propane using the RV Plus Card, and other things, I calculate that we have just about recovered the price we paid for the membership.

Since money was tight, even after his political statements, we have included them in searches for big-ticket items when we needed them. They are generally much higher than other sources after tax and shipping. On only two occasions we found deals at CW on items that were better than we could get anywhere else, and since money was tight we bought items from them. One was a Suburban oven (which we had to order online when our original factory-installed unit failed on Thanksgiving).

The other time was when we found a Weber Q 2200 and cart. We were thinking about getting them, and had been looking online and at brick-and-mortar stores to see what we could find.

On a whim, we decided to walk through the St. George CW just to see if they had anything to use a merchandise certificate on. They had them on-sale in the store for less than we found anywhere else, we had a merchandise certificate which gave us an even bigger discount, and they had them on-the-shelf.

As other "outdoor-related" retail chains have found out, integrating political views which are contrary to your core business isn't working out so well. @JColeman has the right attitude. You'd think that a guy with a TV show where he claims to teach others would have figured out something that fundamental.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, this isn't good (Camping World Stocks Tank)

If the CEO of Ford, Chevy or Dodge said something similar I wonder how many people would actually sell their vehicles.

I’m not going to blame an entire company and penalize thousands of workers by not doing business with them based on the fact that their leader made some stupid comment.

Same reason I hope the rest of the world doesn’t hold it against me being American because our leader makes them daily.
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 04-28-2019 at 10:10 AM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    If the CEO of Ford, Chevy or Dodge said something similar I wonder how many people would actually sell their vehicles.

I’m not going to blame an entire company and penalize thousands of workers by not doing business with them based on the fact that their leader made some stupid comment.

Same reason I hope the rest of the world doesn’t hold it against me being American because my leader makes them daily.
    For me, I rarely purchase at camping world anyway simply because of cost factor. I like to cruise into one with the lady every now and then and see If there is anything we'd like or need to make our travels better or simpler, but unless it's a crucial item needed immediately I'll end up getting it elsewhere anyway.
    I also am pretty principle based on the fact that I do not prefer to do business with anyone who does not appreciate doing business with me. Now I understand not everyone who exchanges transactions with one another exactly likes everyone, I'm in business. I get it. But I surely dont publicly alienate myself lol.

The flip side to that, and that of a great business model is to be so great at what you do, people simply cannot avoid doing business with you regardless of how they feel personally about your top brass or company.
    Amazon for example. Oh man, cant stand Jeff Bezos. But I also cannot deny respect for him as a juggernaut of an entrepreneur. If my spending with Amazon was based purely on what i think of their CEO politically I'd spend 0. But they are so good at what they do, one cannot help it. Camping world is not that. They are a niche market with higher prices and less logistics backing them. It would be wise to focus on operating the best they can, and keeping every customer available.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't buy from camping world before nor would I change my habits over one person's political opinion. If he violated the law l I hope they nail his ****** to the jail cell. Same for any politician. I have little tolerance for decades of investigating and no charges, only conspiracy theories. Unfortunately our Jerry Springer mentality as a country favors conspiracy.

People need to stop being such polarized masses with religious dedication to a political party. That is the reason we have grid lock, politicians only need to cater to their base for primary and general elections to be viable. Many will also vote for anyone, so long as the letter at the end of the name matches

We've gerrymandered ourselves into ridiculous left and right slogans and any discussion longer than a headline or against ones confirmation bias gets ignored. Back down the rabbit hole where the only sources confirm what I want to hear!

No one wants to work together to fix anything because they'll lose their taking point.

Complain about stuff, fix nothing, leave a huge mess and then when it's your turn do all the things you complained about while blaming the other side.
    Last edited by Aridon; 04-28-2019 at 02:06 PM.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    I didn't buy from camping world before nor would I change my habits over one person's political opinion.
    For me, simply having a differing political opinion would not be enough either. But when a person explicitly tells me that he does not care for my business, that is an entirely different matter.
    Jeff and Jen

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast