Quote Originally Posted by CloseToRetirement View Post
When you flip up the door there would be a horizontal sill on the bottom of the door frame before the gasket the door rest against. My door is larger but has some screws that hold the door frame into the side of the RV. The dealer just put a spot of silicone on each of the screws that hold the frame in place.
Two weeks ago we finally had our Momentum 399TH out for the first time this spring. I opened up the large storage compartment where I keep the BBQ grill and almost pushed me hand through the floor! The wood floor under the vinyl floor covering is completely rotted out! If it wasn't for the vinyl flooring, everything that I keep in there would have fallen through the floor an onto the road!

I believe this is a manufacturer defect due to the fact that the gutter (roof) has a splice above where the storage is, rain/condensation from the A/C drips at the gutter splice, down the side of the camper (behind the awning) and down the the storage door frame. The water runs around the door seal (seal is doing its job) and down to the bottom of the door frame that has screws in it that are loose. The water seeps through those holes and gets down against the interior exterior wall and rotted the wood floor...

As much as I want to argue this with the dealer/manufacturer, I will tear it out and fix it myself (the right way). By the time I hooked it up, took it to the dealer, left it for 3 weeks and went back to get it I can have it fixed the right way.

It is just frustrating that I paid so much money for it, yet I have to deal with these kinds of things...