User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    As you get older you will find a little camper rockin' is a thing to be proud of. That's what I hear anyway.
    I told my wife I want a little sign that states "If this trailer's rockin', Congratulate Me!!!"
    Bob and Betty
    Lilly, our Old English Sheepdog
    Penny, our Shitz Tzu/Maltese mix
    New Owners 2019 Imagine 2800BH
    2018 F150 CREW 5.0 V8

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    Two 2x12s with a piece of horse stall mat sandwiched between them. Notched the mat to put a rope loop on each one. You can still feel someone moving around , but very little.
    Charlie
    What are you using for horse mat? I looked it up on Amazon and there are several different versions of it.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    What are you using for horse mat? I looked it up on Amazon and there are several different versions of it.
    It’s actually called stall mat I think. I used 3/4” that I got from tractor supply. Comes in 4x6 sheets. Cut it with a razor knife and straight edge. Keep the blade wet with soapy water. More soap than water. I cut a 1”x6” notch in each one. Laid a rope loop in it and screwed to bottom board. Then rotate grain on top board , sandwich and screw together. To clean up the edges I ran them thru a table saw , but I tend to be a little particular. My wife has another word for it.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I haven’t done the sandwich method but we too use cut stall mats from Tractor Supply to put under our tires. We have but 1/2” and 3/4”. I also use long tire width cuts of these to keep my tires off of the concrete while in storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use 4 sets of these distributed under the 6 jacks. My subjective measurements tell me they reduce at least 85% of the movement. Gotta luv a subjective measurement. Anyway - I am VERY pleased with their performance. The best part is I can adjust how much hight goes under each jack and they are light.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I use 4 sets of these distributed under the 6 jacks. My subjective measurements tell me they reduce at least 85% of the movement. Gotta luv a subjective measurement. Anyway - I am VERY pleased with their performance. The best part is I can adjust how much hight goes under each jack and they are light.
    I use the Lynx levelers. Same idea.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure this would work for a 5th wheel, but WoW did it help the "rocking" on our Keystone Outback 230RS which has a 5' extended bunk ---> beyond the rear bumper. Every time my wife would roll over, or get in and out of "her" bed - she would shake the "L" out of me sleeping in the forward bed in our trailer. I tried two X chocks and that did help a little bit, but using a "Valterra 020106 RV Stabilizer" made a HUGE difference for us. It made such a difference I bought a 2nd one and used it behind the tongue jack, on the A frame near the propane tanks - the other first one I bought I used below the back bumper. Both of these are beyond - outside the traditional crank down sisor jack stabilizers on our trailer and it ties the left frame rail to the right one - to the ground and I believe that is why it works so well... Amazon is great on returns, If it don't work, ship it back, but could be worth a try on the back of your 5th wheel...

Beachnut

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

P.S. I am a newbie to the forum, and surly not trying to sell anything - just trying to help a fellow camper out with what I have found to work great for us. I hope giving a link is not an infraction of forum rules... (If it is I am sure someone will let me know - hopefully). Here is a pic of our trailer with the 5' bunk out past the bumper. This was before I purchased and used the Valterra's.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0233.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	20606

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    It’s actually called stall mat I think. I used 3/4” that I got from tractor supply. Comes in 4x6 sheets. Cut it with a razor knife and straight edge. Keep the blade wet with soapy water. More soap than water. I cut a 1”x6” notch in each one. Laid a rope loop in it and screwed to bottom board. Then rotate grain on top board , sandwich and screw together. To clean up the edges I ran them thru a table saw , but I tend to be a little particular. My wife has another word for it.
    Charlie
    Charlie,

I love your idea. Could you post a picture? I’m trying to get a visual of your stall mat (no experience with horses) and the rope with notching in mat.

Thnx

/////Chile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    SW of ATL
    2018 F350 CC DRW
    2019 Momentum 394M

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Andersen Jack blocks, JT Strongarm or Steadyfast stabilizers, Kingpin tripod - some or all. We have the Jack Blocks and the Steadyfast. The latter just got installed and we will be testing it this weekend.
    Lexx,

Any luck with the Steadyfast system?

//// chile

SW of ATL
    2018 F350 CC DRW
    2019 Momentum 394M

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glampers View Post
    Lexx,

Any luck with the Steadyfast system?

//// chile

i would say it’s about a 50% improvement. It’s more solid in the kitchen area for sure. But I still feel micro-motions in our bedroom. That’s probably because the bedroom is in the front overhang with little support. So it’s a long lever arm. My next step is to get a kingpin tripod. I think the combination of the Steadfast system and a good kingpin tripod should take care of 90% of the movement.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast