User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help! 2019 Imagine 3000QB Electrical Issues

I have a 2019 Imagine 3000QB and having some major electrical issues.

1.The outlets in the kitchen are not working
    2. The A/C is not running not even in fan mode
    3. Power is sourcing current from the battery (I’m assuming) because the battler level on the control panel reads 1 bar. It was fully charged when I parked the camper.
    4. I’m running 50 amp and my EMS-PT50X is showing no errors and the blue light is on indicating power at the camper electrical inlet.
    5. No breakers or GFIs are tripped.
    6. Side note: not sure if it’s related but my power tongue jack quit working on my last trip.

I have turned off all breakers and reset. Checked the breaker box and connections. All look normal.

Any and all help appreciated.
    2019 Imagine 3000QB
    2018 Imagine 2800BH (SOLD)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outdoorsman, it sounds like one leg of the 50amp service isn't working. Since you said the outlets in the kitchen aren't working I assumed other outlets are OK.

It wounds like the problem is after your EMS-PT50X since it reports all as OK.

Here are a few quick things to try....
    > flip the MAIN 50 amp circuit breaker on and off inside the RV
    (if you panel is like mine, the circuits are split to the top and bottom on either side of the 50a breaker for each power leg coming in so maybe you can see if what is not working is all on the same leg)
    > unplug and replug power cable at both ends and test;
    > try a 30a to 50a converter pigtail and test;

I suppose if all else fails you may have to measure for 120v on each leg inside the panel. NOT RECOMMENDED if you aren't familiar with inside breaker panels.

Let us know how it goes. And please use caution when measuring voltage inside the breaker box.

on edit - just saw this post, maybe it will help.... https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...017-Reflection
    Last edited by traveldawg; 06-23-2019 at 10:14 AM. Reason: updated info w/link
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Outdoorsman, it sounds like one leg of the 50amp service isn't working. Since you said the outlets in the kitchen aren't working I assumed other outlets are OK.

It wounds like the problem is after your EMS-PT50X since it reports all as OK.

Here are a few quick things to try....
    > flip the MAIN 50 amp circuit breaker on and off inside the RV
    (if you panel is like mine, the circuits are split to the top and bottom on either side of the 50a breaker for each power leg coming in so maybe you can see if what is not working is all on the same leg)
    > unplug and replug power cable at both ends and test;
    > try a 30a to 50a converter pigtail and test;

I suppose if all else fails you may have to measure for 120v on each leg inside the panel. NOT RECOMMENDED if you aren't familiar with inside breaker panels.

Let us know how it goes. And please use caution when measuring voltage inside the breaker box.

on edit - just saw this post, maybe it will help.... https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...017-Reflection
    Thanks for the quick reply! I hooked up to 30 amp power via generator. The A/C does not work but the microwave is working. We reset all the breakers and still nothing.
    2019 Imagine 3000QB

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sure sounds like 1/2 of your breaker panel isn't working. I think you're going to have to go into it. If you do, just be careful.
    Larry KE4DMG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it’s the converter that has gone bad. Somehow the battery and the thermostat are on the same circuit. The battery being dead was causing the thermostat to not have enough power to turn the A/C on. So the new battery should power the thermostat until the. Artery does again or I get the converter replaced.
    2019 Imagine 3000QB

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds logical. Let us know what you find out. Is there a fuse in the converter that could have blown?
    Larry KE4DMG

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at your converter. There are 2 fuses on the unit its self.If you have reversed polarity at a point, they are blown. Happened to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all your help! It was the converter that went bad. Grand Design authorized a non-dealer to fix, but they have to send in the old unit to make sure it wasn’t caused by me.
    2019 Imagine 3000QB

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
    Thanks for all your help! It was the converter that went bad. Grand Design authorized a non-dealer to fix, but they have to send in the old unit to make sure it wasn’t caused by me.
    Something doesn't sound right A bad converter would not cause "1.The outlets in the kitchen are not working"
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
    Has the converter been replaced and are you back up and running again?
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast