Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to clean the shower "curtain"

Hello,

My Imagine has a shower "curtain" -- if you will -- made of some type of material; not sure what, maybe mylar?

I haven't used it in a while and it smells like BO or mold.

...Given that ,and the material its made of, what should I clean it with?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    White vinegar diluted with some warm water in a spray bottle. After you get it cleaned up, using an after-shower spray like that from Method will help you keep it clean.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    White vinegar diluted with some warm water in a spray bottle. After you get it cleaned up, using an after-shower spray like that from Method will help you keep it clean.
    Thanks, but do you know what material the "curtain" is made of?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't personally seen one in a couple years, but those accordian curtains are usually a vinyl coated polyester spunbound fabric.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK thanks -- I'll see what I can do!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Haven't personally seen one in a couple years, but those accordian curtains are usually a vinyl coated polyester spunbound fabric.
    To interject here as it's a timely question for me too. I don't think the OP is asking about those accordion style shower curtains but GD's latest and greatest innovation installed in 150 series Reflections and Imagines. I'm going through the same thing as my trailer gets older with more use. The "screen" recoils and rolls up inside a drum much like an old fashioned window shade. I have been using Scrubbing Bubbles Orange bath and shower cleaner to spritz after every other use on the three walls and floor but the screen poses it's own challenge as I need to be inside the stall with the screen extended to spray it down. Because it is so flexible wiping isn't very easy to do and to get out the screen needs to retract into the drum so all the runoff gets trapped inside there. I have already taken the top section of the shower stall out to reinstall and reseal it because it wasn't done right at the factory and all the dealer would do is put a couple push pins in. I'm considering a glass or polycarbinate door to replace it.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    To interject here as it's a timely question for me too. I don't think the OP is asking about those accordion style shower curtains but GD's latest and greatest innovation installed in 150 series Reflections and Imagines. I'm going through the same thing as my trailer gets older with more use. The "screen" recoils and rolls up inside a drum much like an old fashioned window shade. I have been using Scrubbing Bubbles Orange bath and shower cleaner to spritz after every other use on the three walls and floor but the screen poses it's own challenge as I need to be inside the stall with the screen extended to spray it down. Because it is so flexible wiping isn't very easy to do and to get out the screen needs to retract into the drum so all the runoff gets trapped inside there. I have already taken the top section of the shower stall out to reinstall and reseal it because it wasn't done right at the factory and all the dealer would do is put a couple push pins in. I'm considering a glass or polycarbinate door to replace it.
    Yup, haven't seen the one you described. Certainly not one that's user-friendly. No doubt the material was treated, but one use with hard water leaves enough residue behind making for a growth platform for mold and mildew. Vinegar spritzing will work as well on both issues, and if the "shade" hardware at the base isn't metal, rolling the shade after spraying to let soak awhile with increase effectiveness. You'll obviously need to rinse thoroughly and endure the smell of vinegar. Replacing with something easier to deal with sounds like a good idea.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you're correct that this is the NEW material shower curtain; and yes, it is more of a "shade" style that "recoils" back into its position.

I just don't know what "material" its made of; so I was unsure what chemicals I could use..?

Yes, vinegar may do some good, but it comes with its own unpleasant smell. So I am looking for something else out there if possible, and that is "safe" on this material whatever it is. Vinyl? Mylar?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Master IceMan View Post
    Yes, you're correct that this is the NEW material shower curtain; and yes, it is more of a "shade" style that "recoils" back into its position.

I just don't know what "material" its made of; so I was unsure what chemicals I could use..?

Yes, vinegar may do some good, but it comes with its own unpleasant smell. So I am looking for something else out there if possible, and that is "safe" on this material whatever it is. Vinyl? Mylar?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210315_115449.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	32707

Maybe we should both open our eyes
    I saw this on the outside of the screen casing.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210315_115449.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	32707

Maybe we should both open our eyes
    I saw this on the outside of the screen casing.
    Lol! Those labels get the best of us. I would add after a quick review with the information, use a vinegar-based window cleaner and not ammonia.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast