Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding a cable drain valve on fresh water tank

I previously read that someone added a cable drain valve replacing the factory dump underneath and behind the street side axle. They used a 48” cable and fitted the handle to one of the holes in the leveling strut. I have tried to locate his post which included pictures. Can anyone guide me to that post. Really appreciate any help. I plan to make this change on our 2021 Reflection 337 RLS. THANK YOU.
    Last edited by NormWilliams; 05-15-2021 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Misspelling.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should be pretty simple.The holes in the strut brace are easily accessible. Tou just need a pull cable.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NormWilliams View Post
    I previously read that someone added a cable drain valve replacing the factory dump underneath and behind the street side axle. They used a 48” cable and fitted the handle to one of the holes in the leveling strut. I have tried to locate his post which included pictures. Can anyone guide me to that post. Really appreciate any help. I plan to make this change on our 2021 Reflection 337 RLS. THANK YOU.
    Are you referring to replacing the entire valve or just the handle? If you are replacing the valve, I wouldn't use one made of ABS, such as those used on the grey and black tanks. As far as I know, ABS is not approved for potable water use, and should not be used on a fresh water tank, unless it's downstream of the PVC dump valve already in place.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, to changing dump valve to one with a cable to the handle that would mount on one of the extra holes on the leveling strut. This is the valve from Amizon that I ordered. LaSalle Bristol 66N11AB48GM Waste Valve 1-1/2" Slip & Hub. I appreciate caution regarding the material compatibility with drinking water. I’m going to see what material it is. Thanks again for your help.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took the economical approach to reaching my fresh tank dump valve. I bent a piece of aluminum rod from my scrap pile into a shepard's hook that is about 2' long. I can easily push or pull the T handle on the valve, and for storage, I hang it on my wet bay panel.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the idea. It seems like we often don’t think outside the box. I appreciate your response.