User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Imagine 2250RK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    glad to her that most everyone likes their 2250RK and that it is a great couples trailer. The DW and I downsized from a 35ft fifth wheel (Open Range LT319RLS) to a 2021 2250RK. Received word yesterday that it just finished up the PDI at the factory and is on it's way here! We loved the 5th wheel but it was too big to take to a lot of the places we wanted to go so we decided to downsize. The 2250RK checked the most boxes for us while still being smaller. We were on the fence about losing the dinette but we both agreed it will just make us eat outside more often. We really only used the dinette for playing games anyways we would either eat outside or in the theater seats anyways. We have been trolling the forums looking at all of the upgrades everyone has been doing...my list of projects is growing!
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavysledz View Post
    glad to her that most everyone likes their 2250RK and that it is a great couples trailer. The DW and I downsized from a 35ft fifth wheel (Open Range LT319RLS) to a 2021 2250RK. Received word yesterday that it just finished up the PDI at the factory and is on it's way here! We loved the 5th wheel but it was too big to take to a lot of the places we wanted to go so we decided to downsize. The 2250RK checked the most boxes for us while still being smaller. We were on the fence about losing the dinette but we both agreed it will just make us eat outside more often. We really only used the dinette for playing games anyways we would either eat outside or in the theater seats anyways. We have been trolling the forums looking at all of the upgrades everyone has been doing...my list of projects is growing!
    Semper Fi. ���� Welcome to 2250RK. We have the theater seats also and keep two folding TV trays behind them to eat on and that has worked out just fine for the past 1 1/2 years. We upgraded our tires, including the spare, right away to GY Endurance, added the Dexter Easy-Flex Suspension, changed out the OEM Toilet to the Dometic 320 Series Ceramic, Changed out the OEM Shower head, Replaced the original Batteries with Duracell AGM’s, Added a Battery Vault locking system to the Batteries, Modded the spinner on the LP to accept a padlock, Replaced the OEM TV with a 40” Visio Smart in the LR and a 32” Visio in the BR. Upgraded the Furrion 4” Observation system with the Furrion S 7” system, Added the TST brand TPMS. Replaced the OEM 7 pin junction box and tow vehicle cord with a new Curt model. All other mods are just minor things to help personalize or rig, “Lucy”. Feel to ask any questions. All the Best, Travel Safely. Anchors Away! ⚓️����
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiefswret View Post
    Semper Fi. ���� Welcome to 2250RK. We have the theater seats also and keep two folding TV trays behind them to eat on and that has worked out just fine for the past 1 1/2 years. We upgraded our tires, including the spare, right away to GY Endurance, added the Dexter Easy-Flex Suspension, changed out the OEM Toilet to the Dometic 320 Series Ceramic, Changed out the OEM Shower head, Replaced the original Batteries with Duracell AGM’s, Added a Battery Vault locking system to the Batteries, Modded the spinner on the LP to accept a padlock, Replaced the OEM TV with a 40” Visio Smart in the LR and a 32” Visio in the BR. Upgraded the Furrion 4” Observation system with the Furrion S 7” system, Added the TST brand TPMS. Replaced the OEM 7 pin junction box and tow vehicle cord with a new Curt model. All other mods are just minor things to help personalize or rig, “Lucy”. Feel to ask any questions. All the Best, Travel Safely. Anchors Away! ⚓️����
    Thanks for the warm welcome....the DW and I also love the theater seats instead of the dinette. I hear of a lot of folks upgrading their TV to a smart TV. Is there any advantage to this if you don't have internet access or is it simply because the TCL that comes in it is junk and if your upgrading, you may as well get a smart TV for those times when you do have internet access? Many of the items on your list are also on mine....I like to modify things, so we will see what my list looks like once we get it home and I start tinkering....My wife likes to paint/draw, so he really likes the end table/cabinet next to the RH recliner. I am already thinking about removing the top and putting a piano hinge on it so she can easily open it up to put her larger items in there....
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the warm welcome....the DW and I also love the theater seats instead of the dinette. I hear of a lot of folks upgrading their TV to a smart TV. Is there any advantage to this if you don't have internet access or is it simply because the TCL that comes in it is junk and if your upgrading, you may as well get a smart TV for those times when you do have internet access? Many of the items on your list are also on mine....I like to modify things, so we will see what my list looks like once we get it home and I start tinkering....My wife likes to paint/draw, so he really likes the end table/cabinet next to the RH recliner. I am already thinking about removing the top and putting a piano hinge on it so she can easily open it up to put her larger items in there....

I’m not familiar with the TCL TV so I’m not sure if is built with an internal tuner or not. In any case I’ve used Vizio so long that I’m happy with their operation and dependability. I can easily connect to my YouTube TV subscription via either WiFi or Hotspot on either my or DW’s cell phone at many Campsites. When a campsites’ Wi Fi suck and cell service is too weak, the Vizio models seem to be very efficient at getting the OTA channels with the Imagine OEM Antenna system.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the 2250RK order @Heavysledz --- you'll love it
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so I have a few questions while I await delivery of my new 2250RK:

1. Can someone please tell me the hitch height so I can make sure my hitch has adequate drop.

2. I currently don't plan to ue a WD hitch as my truck is equipped with the factory air-ride auto leveling rear suspension. Was just curious if anyone else has the same truck and suspension setup, what their thoughts are on needing a WD hitch or not.

3. I am hoping my unit comes with a Coleman Mach AC unit and not the Furrion. And if it does, has GD been putting the "RV Airflow" inserts in them like I have been reading on the forum.

4. Has anyone ran power to the bedroom roof vent and installed a vent fan? If so, where did you find a power source to tie into?
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so I have a few questions while I await delivery of my new 2250RK:

1. Can someone please tell me the hitch height so I can make sure my hitch has adequate drop.

2. I currently don't plan to ue a WD hitch as my truck is equipped with the factory air-ride auto leveling rear suspension. Was just curious if anyone else has the same truck and suspension setup, what their thoughts are on needing a WD hitch or not.

3. I am hoping my unit comes with a Coleman Mach AC unit and not the Furrion. And if it does, has GD been putting the "RV Airflow" inserts in them like I have been reading on the forum.

4. Has anyone ran power to the bedroom roof vent and installed a vent fan? If so, where did you find a power source to tie into?
    I’m understanding that (believe it or not) not every unit of the exact same model will be produced with the exact same hitch weight. You should expect to get a one page handout at closing that indicates your exact VIN number which contains all the specific weights and measurements for that specific unit.

1/2. My (2020 MY) 2250RK hitch weight is 608. I use the Curt 17500 10k WDH which works great. I’m not a hitch, tow, or WDH expert but, I don’t know why your auto leveling feature would take the place of a WDH. Maybe someone else with more experience in that area will chime in.

3). I understand, but do not know for sure, that the Airflow inserts are being installed in all GD’s now, not sure when that started.

4). My MY 2020 (Mfg 9/10/19) did not have a fan in the bedroom vent, not sure how they are being built now. I haven’t found that it really needs one.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Travel safely.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiefswret View Post
    I’m understanding that (believe it or not) not every unit of the exact same model will be produced with the exact same hitch weight. You should expect to get a one page handout at closing that indicates your exact VIN number which contains all the specific weights and measurements for that specific unit.

1/2. My (2020 MY) 2250RK hitch weight is 608. I use the Curt 17500 10k WDH which works great. I’m not a hitch, tow, or WDH expert but, I don’t know why your auto leveling feature would take the place of a WDH. Maybe someone else with more experience in that area will chime in.

3). I understand, but do not know for sure, that the Airflow inserts are being installed in all GD’s now, not sure when that started.

4). My MY 2020 (Mfg 9/10/19) did not have a fan in the bedroom vent, not sure how they are being built now. I haven’t found that it really needs one.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Travel safely.
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you happen to know the height (not weight) of the hitch? I want to make sure my receiver hitch setup has enough drop before I go and find out when we pick up the unit that I don't have enough drop.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are correct @Schiefswret --- @Heavysledz - I would wait on the build worksheet so you can dial in specifics. Schiefswret TW was 608, ours was 584. WDH and self leveling are two different animals - simple terms, WDH transfers some of the rear weight of the TV to the front of the TV. Self leveling takes the existing weight on the rear and moves it straight up, conceivably moving some TW towards the trailer tail end. Technially you could get some transfer to the front but it is not by any means a substitute for WDH.
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast