User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any interstate hwy (Red/White/Blue signage) will be 13’6” or better, thats a federal requirement.
    Use large trucks as a canary in the coal mine. If you dont see them you had better be careful.
    We had a very close call on the Lake Ontario parkway, how we cleared that bridge Ill never know. The helpful 11’8” sign was on the bridge, no other warning. My Solitude is a known 13’2”
    Agree with the other post, be aware the NE US is rather casual about posting low clearance, particularly NY
    Last edited by Tim2542; 05-22-2021 at 03:25 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen some low-hanging limbs in rv parks.
    I did not want to hit the limbs with the a/c.......
    Pat

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TSeck954 View Post
    You think there's heart burn over clearances, wait until the sticker shock for the F450 hits you..... I'm still in recovery....
    Trust me, I know. But I can only afford to buy a new truck once so I gotta do it right the first time. And by the time I add everything I would want to any 3/4 or 1 ton, its not far off from the F450. Plus I can get Ford A plan so that helps some.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post

About the F-450.... nice ride, maybe a bit of over kill for a 310GK-R, but you should be able to tow whatever you want with that. Glad the DS gave the OK.
    I tend to go a bit overboard on everything. I plan on adding the 8k axles which adds a considerable amount to the CCC. We will probably add the washer and dryer as well.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaJeff View Post
    ...And by the time I add everything I would want to any 3/4 or 1 ton, its not far off from the F450.
    I just ordered a 2022 F-450. It was about $2,000 more than my similarly equipped 2020 F-350 SRW Platinum. ONLY $87,000 and some change :-(
    Last edited by bertschb; 05-22-2021 at 04:36 PM.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaJeff View Post
    We are mapping out our next trailer for the upcoming empty nester years. We have a travel trailer now but the wife wants a fifth wheel. I told her only if I can get an F450. She said go for it so now I'm down the rabbit hole. I was leaning toward the Reflection 320MKS but she is pushing for the Solitude 310GK. Ignoring the price difference, my question is about height. The 320MKS is 12'6" and the Solitude is 13'5". How often does height become an issue? Does the Solitude become that much of a concern with the difference?
    No matter which rig you get, get one of these
    https://www.truckntow.com/nsearch/?q...easuring+stick

Saved my butt several time in campgrounds. You pull into a fuel stop and don't see a clearance sign and wonder? Just double check
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    No matter which rig you get, get one of these
    https://www.truckntow.com/nsearch/?q...easuring+stick

Saved my butt several time in campgrounds. You pull into a fuel stop and don't see a clearance sign and wonder? Just double check
    That's quit an expensive measuring stick! I carry something similar to this... and it's never let me down.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-5...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all are fine at less than 13'5". We use RVTripward.com and Garmin RV GPS. You can make it coast to coast at that height. Pretty standard.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    That's quit an expensive measuring stick! I carry something similar to this... and it's never let me down.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-5...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Interesting
    I had not seen this before. I just might pick one up.
    Your correct it might be better than the stick - but I already have one.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wonder if it is a multitasker - need an excuse to get one
    @CaptPicardo
    The most accidents occur in campground with overhanging trees or signs. Specifically National/State parks or at gas stations. Its the older places you need to be careful.
    Last edited by powerscol; 05-22-2021 at 10:08 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    There is a PDF that comes with the zip file you download from lowclearances.com that explains the process in great detail.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast