User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Luck?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a big deal if you are not in the middle of nowhere waiting for someone to fix it. Sorry, you can't make rhis better.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff&Kam View Post
    Not a big deal if you are not in the middle of nowhere waiting for someone to fix it. Sorry, you can't make rhis better.
    A spring is an easy diy
    Overnight one to your location
    I don’t know. You are right though I can’t make it better

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. This is our 4th toyhauler, and have never had these issues. We bought a GD for the quality, and are just really disappointed.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff&Kam View Post
    I agree. This is our 4th toyhauler, and have never had these issues. We bought a GD for the quality, and are just really disappointed.
    I didn’t buy GD for its quality. I bought for its features and it is one of the cheapest
    I don’t understand why people feel GD is of higher quality than other manufacturers
    I will say that so far between Jayco and GD, the customer service at GD is a million times better

Good luck with your repair

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are a manufacture and use sub par parts it's the parts supplier's fault the first time. If you continue to use the same bad parts then it the manufactures fault. Find a better part. They know it's bad when they put it on. Our 351 is one year old and has not been back for any warranty work. I do have a spring problem which they are addressing now but it not going to fix the problem. I replaced one myself that was about to break, but I found it two day's before I was leaving for a trip and no way to get warranty done that quick. Now I have two more that are flat and GD is going to replace with the same springs. Just a band aid not a fix. And yes I have been to the cat scales and not over weight. These heavy fifth wheels need 8000lb springs not 7000lb. I had a Montana that came with 8000lb and no problems after nine years. I had a Jayco that had 7000lb and were flat after one year and Jayco replaced them with 8000lb and no problems after 3 yrs. I ask GD about putting 8000lb. on and they said no that they would only replace with what came on trailer. If you keep putting on the wrong parts it's your fault because you know what your getting when you purchase it. Not the suppliers fault.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well said. Thank you!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 of the 7k axles should be more than enough for that rig unless you are loading them uneven which I doubt, or traveling the cross bronx expressway daily.

It sucks. I get it but stuff does break and I agree with others the frame, axle and springs are used across many brands. Nothing is immune to a failure.

Hope GD helps you out and you get back on the road soon.
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 349m-r
    - 8k axles, toppers, 3rd ac, Onan, Solar, Outside Entertainment, King Bed, Heat Pump, 3 Season Doors, Dual Pane Windows, Happi-Jac, Rear Al Deck
    2021 Ford F-450 Limited

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NDanecker View Post
    3 of the 7k axles should be more than enough for that rig unless you are loading them uneven which I doubt, or traveling the cross bronx expressway daily.

It sucks. I get it but stuff does break and I agree with others the frame, axle and springs are used across many brands. Nothing is immune to a failure.

Hope GD helps you out and you get back on the road soon.
    I agree with 3 7000lb should be ok. Mine only has two 7000lb. When loaded with 1500 lbs. in garage, 1/2 full fridge and full week of clothes ea. axle has 6900 lbs. on them. This is with no fresh water, no gas in toy hauler tank and 1/2 tank in generator. That's all I can do to stay under my 16'800 GVW. Problem is it's not a balanced load. The kitchen slide is heavy and more weight on that side and flattens the springs.
    I was just going to put 8000lb springs on myself but have not found any with the 25 1/4 in eye to eye. They are 26" still looking.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I upgraded to 8k axles and happy I did. Not sure if the spring packs are different but assuming so (but you know what they say about assuming). After getting the RV I was shocked at the dry off-the-line weight with all the options I have. After filling up the 150 gallon fresh tank, Harley, Golf Cart and 'stuff' I'm afraid I may be over. Ruh Roh
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 349m-r
    - 8k axles, toppers, 3rd ac, Onan, Solar, Outside Entertainment, King Bed, Heat Pump, 3 Season Doors, Dual Pane Windows, Happi-Jac, Rear Al Deck
    2021 Ford F-450 Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    All stuff grand Design doesn’t have anything to do with
    They just assemble them
    That would be true of every single part on all RV's Grand Design sells. Are you saying Grand Design doesn't have any responsibility for anything on the RV's they sell? If that's true then dealers have no responsibility for anything either because they don't make OR assemble the RV's and parts. What if screws or clamps or some small part that is essential to an appliance fails? Is that not Suburban or Furrion or Jensen's issue because they just assemble those appliances? If that's the case then we all need to drill deeper to find out what company really made something and it's going to lead back to some sweat shop in China for most things.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast