Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bad Luck?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad Luck?

Quote Originally Posted by tfgd21bhe View Post
    That's utter nonsense. I used to work in a metallurgy lab and one of my jobs was inspecting rod coils before they were drawn down to wire.

I had a Toyota minivan that had a coil spring that broke after 8 years. It happened while driving in my subdivision and was able to find and inspect the piece that broke off. What I found was a huge carbon inclusion that formed a weak spot. A year or two later another spring broke. Faulty material plain and simple.
    Awesome

But how was GD suppose to know this before the spring was put on?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

check with axle manufacter

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff&Kam View Post
    Okay ,Grand Design, enough is enough. 2018 399th. 2 pin boxes, brake failures every trip, bad controller, hydraulic line burned by brakes, brake magnets failed and now sitting in a truck stop with a broken leaf spring on a four-year-old camper. Bad luck? Maybe so.
    We pulled over to grab a bit to eat and noticed one of the drums on the trailer was smoking. I pulled the tire off first then removed the brake drum/hub. Everything related to the brake assembly fell out on the ground. Bearing packs were still good, so I just zipped tied the electric brake wires to the axle and remounted the drum, and finished our trip.
    When we arrived back home, I retrieved the axle serial number from the backside of the axle—called Dexter, the company that made the axle for my Grand Design Reflection 150 series 5th wheel. When I gave Dexter the axle serial number, the girl I talked to said they had an issue with brake assemblies for the serial number provided. She said they would ship me four new brake assemblies, a new drum/hub, new bearing packs, new retainer nuts, and locks free of charge. Plus, they would pay me $25 an hour for 5 hours to do the work, or they would pay my shop of choice 4 hours at the shop’s rate.
    I was a happy camper! What a great company Dexter is.

Randy Weidman

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious why you have hydraulic brake lines and magnets. I guess I have never seen this setup. Sorry not doubting, I'm just a I wonder how that works kind of guy🤔

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jlreaa View Post
    Just curious why you have hydraulic brake lines and magnets. I guess I have never seen this setup. Sorry not doubting, I'm just a I wonder how that works kind of guy[emoji848]
    Could be hydraulic lines for slides or levelling

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok just can't see a reason to run hydraulic lines close enough that the brakes would burn them up. I don't have hyd slides or levelers so wont get an issue for me anyway.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    All stuff grand Design doesn’t have anything to do with
    They just assemble them
    You realize you can't say, "All stuff grand Design doesn’t have anything to do with
    They just assemble them" and than say, "G/D sure puts out some well built RVs" within 15 min right of each other, right?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grassmaster View Post
    You realize you can't say, "All stuff grand Design doesn’t have anything to do with
    They just assemble them" and than say, "G/D sure puts out some well built RVs" within 15 min right of each other, right?
    Where did I say “GD sure puts out some well built RVs”?
    I have never said this

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Where did I say “GD sure puts out some well built RVs”?
    I have never said this
    Don't sweat it Dawg; I'z just trying to make a funny. I'm keeping my day job. Nevertheless, as I'm concerned, maybe the motto of G/D ought to be, " Our assembly department builds some neat looking units from the shyt our purchasing department buys."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345