User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soon to be New Owner of a Solitude

Hello,

I'm in the market for a new fifth-wheel and have narrowed my choices down to the 2014-2015 369RL or the 305RE. I'd perfer the 369RL since it's bigger but they are quite a bit more expensive than the 305RE on the used market. I've found a 305RE pretty reasonable and am tempted to pull the trigger but was thinking if I'm just a little patience a 369RL may pop up in my price range which is $36K or less. There are quite a few on rvtrader.com but for quite a bit more than that.

So I'd like some feedback from the folks here. Can I expect a deal to pop up on a 369RL because of the time of year. I have time. 2-3 months. But I also don't want to miss this deal on the 305RE if all the 369RL's are going to be near $40,000. I'm getting the 305RE for less than 30K.

All feedback welcomed.

Thanks,

Roland

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rvstuff View Post
    Hello,

I'm in the market for a new fifth-wheel and have narrowed my choices down to the 2014-2015 369RL or the 305RE. I'd perfer the 369RL since it's bigger but they are quite a bit more expensive than the 305RE on the used market. I've found a 305RE pretty reasonable and am tempted to pull the trigger but was thinking if I'm just a little patience a 369RL may pop up in my price range which is $36K or less. There are quite a few on rvtrader.com but for quite a bit more than that.

So I'd like some feedback from the folks here. Can I expect a deal to pop up on a 369RL because of the time of year. I have time. 2-3 months. But I also don't want to miss this deal on the 305RE if all the 369RL's are going to be near $40,000. I'm getting the 305RE for less than 30K.

All feedback welcomed.

Thanks,

Roland
    Roland,
    I can't help with your question--just want to welcome you to the forum. We have a few people in the business on the forum--hopefully they'll see this post and chime in. I'm fairly certain @cleazenby is one and @huntr70 is another.

Good luck with whatever you decide to purchase.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can get a well maintained 305RE for less than $30k, jump on it.

We recently bought back a 2014 305RE from a customer that developed health issues, and resold it in 2 weeks.....for almost $40k.

NADA wholesale base cost at low retail is over $30k. Average retail is $41k. All before options.

A 2014 369RL actually books about the same.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a 2014 Solitude 369RL sell for 37k. Depends on the market. There should be some deals out there.

Remember that RVTrader is full of asking prices and you never get to see what they actually sold for. I'm sure there is someone out there who is eager to let go of one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. Whatever I get, it will be used as my primary dwelling as rehabbing a piece of property I have in Louisiana, not to camp or travel. I have a Winnebago Rialta to travel in.

I'm pretty frugal, so after visiting the GD dealer today for the first time, I'm tempted to buy something that's already fully depreciated. There are plenty of older 5W's out there for $15,000 or less that will serve my purpose. I don't really need luxury but I'm definitely tempted.

I had never been inside a GD 5W until today. Now I'm having second thoughts about spending $30-$40k for a temporary dwelling, especially know the depreciation hit I'm going to take in 2-3 years. They are nice looking rigs but I really just need something to serve a purpose. I bought my Rialta for $12.5K but can sell it today for over $20K. Thinking of going that route with the 5W also. Of course the GD is too new for that so....

I'll post my final decision once I make it. I've already put a deposit down on the 305RE but may lose that. But I knew that was a possibility when I did it. It's only $100.

Thanks again! I'll post an update when I make a decision.

Cheers!

Roland