Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    1) Make sure you relieve the system water pressure (using the low-point drains, opening faucet, etc.) with the pump and external water supply off before you touch the check valve behind the inlet screen. If you do not, the water pressure can dislodge (or blow out) the O rings in the check valve and you will have to rebuild or replace it.

2) With no pressure int he system, each valve should rotate 90 degrees and stop. There should be even resistance throughout the range of motion. If the resistance is not even, that valve probably has a internal O ring out of place and can give weird results.

Chris
    I just reversed the cone filter (after relieving pressure in the lines -- last year I took @Cate&Rob's advice and installed a permanent water pressure valve). At first the pump wouldn't draw water, and I thought I had confirmed that there was a problem. But I think the issue was I first ran the pump while in Dry Camping mode and I might have lost pump-prime. I realized my mistake, switched the mode to Sanitize, and fiddled with the inlet connection, and the pump drew all the water in my bucket into the RV tank.

Either I unfroze the check-valve, or I never had a problem. (FYI: all the Nautilus valves turn a quarter turn with firm, smooth action.)

Tomorrow when we break camp, I'll try the power-fill again. If it is still acting up, there's a big RV dealer on the way to the next stop. They're supposed to have a decent service department.

Thanks for all the advice.

-Steve
    Last edited by andrewssteve; 09-13-2019 at 04:29 PM.
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck. Please let us know what you find.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Good luck. Please let us know what you find.

Chris
    Well we broke camp yesterday morning and I stopped by the dumping station. Since we left on a Saturday, no one was in line and no one was behind us, so I really took my time flushing the black tank. Conveniently, I was able to reach the fresh water with my hose, so all the while I was flushing, I had the power-fill working. I was hooked up to a different fresh water outlet and this time, and I could hear and feel water flowing in the hose the whole time.

Sure enough, after about 20 or 30 minutes, the fresh water tank filled and began overflowing at the overflow vent. So either my messing with the inlet check valve resolved an issue, or @WhittleBurner was right about slow fill in a lot of MI state parks. (But what still confuses a little is why I didn't hear or feel any water flow when I had the problem.)

Anyway, it's behind me now. Thanks everyone, for your support.

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you got it figured out and it is working.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    I know on my momentum it takes a long, long time to fill. It's usually 5 minutes after I get the full light before it overflows. You can buy a gauge to see how much water you are putting in the tank to verify your tanks capacity.

Red
    We usually travel with about 10 gallons or so in case I need water for a radiator and so we can use the bathroom on the road. At Gun Lake State Park in Yankee Springs, Michigan it still takes more than 20 minutes to "power-fill" our 2016 Solitude 379FL to overflow. It always has. My well at home has much more water flow than the hydrants at state parks...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12