Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Loud slides

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loud slides

Hi all! We have a 2018 303RLS. As snowbirds, at the end of last season’s trip the 2 rear slides started making loud noise during the last 25% as the slides travels out. When the slide travels in once past the 25% mark the slides operates properly. At that time I sprayed the arms, gears, and teeth with slide lube. No change in condition. Attached are links to 2 videos of the left slide traveling out and in.
    You will see road grime on the underneath of trailer. This occurred as we have to travel 1 mile on a gravel road from the paved road to our house. The noise stared before the gravel road.
    Thank you in advance for any suggestions and happy trails to all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db2NSzhw_0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6Veg2bV2HM

[SIZE=5][/SIZE]

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try putting some baby powder on all the seals, Put powder in an old sock and pat it on. Run the slides in and out a few times and see if that helps

Welcome to the forum and the GD family
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took our new camper in for a warrant fix, a piece of trim that needed replacing at time of purchase. The slide on the camp side started make a really bad sound. I showed the service manger when I dropped the trailer. Turns out the thing needed lubed it was dry from the factory. Runs and sounds like it should now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Kenny & Susan "Freddie" on board
    2019 Reflection 297rsts
    2017 F250 6.2
    14k Equalizer

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the quick response! This is the second time I have heard about baby power. Having owned other slide RVs I have always used spray slide lube on the slide seals. Is there something different on the 303? The reason I ask is on the front of the left rear slide I have noticed a long black sticky line on the outside slide wall after traveling. It looks like the seal is rubbing off on to the wall. I do not see any damage to the seal but since the black line is visible when entry or exit of RV I have to clean the line with "Krud Kutter". I am thinking the slide is to tight to that side and may need to be adjusted. Should I have this checked? Thanks again for your advice.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @NW RVer - see this thread and my post #1 regarding using baby powder with a link to a different thread where a number of us post regarding using baby powder. See my post #20 in that thread which I have included below as well.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ht=powder+baby
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ghlight=Duster

We have the occasional black marks on slide ends with all our 3 RVs with slides. Getting baby powder on both sides of both the inner and outer swipe seals helps to reduce the severity. We still get some but not as bad w/o the powder. Others who use spray lube products probably share similar results given the lubrication on the rubber to prevent the sticking.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again for all the information. I did have a chance to try the baby power and was amazed at how quickly most of the noise disappeared. Sorry to ask so many questions but I was wondering how long the fix works because at my age I shouldn't be climbing a ladder. Also, living in the North West, rain is of concern. Do you know if the power will cake up when wet or should I use slide lube. Thanks again for your help in this matter!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wax the sides of the slide box with a polymer based wax.