User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TorkLift GlowStep Revolution Install and Review

Howdy folks. Today I completed my install of my new TorkLift GlowStep Revolution steps and had to share my experience!

I have had several RV's from pop-ups to travel trailers to 5th wheels, each with a slightly different type/brand/style of entry steps.

Our first campers had the factory steel fold up steps. You know how great ;-) these are, lol...

My previous travel trailer, the Rockwood 2608, came from the factory with the MORryde fold in steps. We really liked how solid these steps were, but, like a lot of folks, didn't much like the fact they folded INTO the RV and had to be deployed to enter the coach.

Fast forward to our purchase of our current rig, and Grand Design 5th wheel. This coach came with the factory aluminum fold out steps, as you can see below -

Now, these are a step above from the old steel steps, but lack the stability of the MORryde steps which we were used to.

Now what to do?

I am a member of several forums and have engaged in several discussions concerning RV steps and have defended the MORryde steps on occasion as they were, at the time, the best steps I had personal experience with.

Fast forward a little. My new factory steps are leaving much to be desired.

First, we had to have a box built with 2x4's to use a first step since the first real step was WAY too high.

Second, the last step reminded me of a diving board. When you stepped on it it was very springy and made the whole coach move, whether you were going up or down!

Hey, I know what your thinking! I only weigh 190...

So, not wanting the steps that fold into the coach, but wanting the stability, the TorkLift GlowStep Revolution stood out as the right choice.

I had read several reviews of the GlowSteps, but had not seen or used them personally. Well, that was about to change!

Say hello to my new TorkLift GlowStep Revolution RV Steps!! Well, the box anyway... They came packed very well!

And finally unboxed!

The box contained the fully assembled GlowSteps, the installation/owners manual and a bag of hardware.

The removal and installation was extremely easy. My original steps were held on by 4 bolts that were easily accessible. A 9/16 socket was all that was needed to get them ready to remove.

I used the box that my TorkLift steps came in as a jack! I just slid the box under the old steps, removed the bolts and pulled the box out. Viola! The old steps were out!

One thing I noticed as I was removing the old steps. Look at the HUGE difference in the thickness of the metal between the original steps and the TorkLift! The TorkLift GlowSteps are STOUT and built to last!!!

Original step -

The TorkLift GlowStep Revolution -

You can really see how much thicker the GlowStep frame is!

So, using the box again as my floor jack, I slid the GlowSteps into position and lined up the holes. The holes lined up perfectly and all I had to to was insert the 4 bolts and tighten them down.

Here they are fully deployed -

And here they are locked in position for traveling -

The install took maybe 30 minutes, and I was in no rush whatsoever. The instructions were easy to make out and all necessary hardware was included.

So, how do we like them?

Well, we took the rest of the day to try them out, go up and down, adjust them several ways, pack and deploy them, etc, etc.

All we can say is WOW! They are really nice and incredibly sturdy when deployed. No more diving board! My wife is REALLY happy (and that's all that really counts) and the dogs like them too! The steps are wide and easy to navigate.

Did I mention solid! We really like the 3 adjustment points at the top so you can really fine tune the steps and then customize the bottom adjustments to get them perfect!

And when locked for travel they are not going anywhere!

Well, thanks for reading my long winded post. If you have any questions, feel free to email me @ [email protected]

Happy Camping!!
    Chris

2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Chevrolet 2500HD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice review. We have been looking at these for quite a while.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also love our Glow Steps. Nice write up. If anyone is on the fence about switching out to these all I can say i it's one of the best thing we did to our 303.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice review. I put them on my 303RLS a couple of months ago. Expensive but well worth the price. They are definitely solidly built. The painted frame is thicker as you said and I assume aluminum since a magnet won't stick to it.

I also added the Stromberg-Carlson extended hand rail. A nice compliment to the steps since the steps extend out further with the 4th step. The mounts align perfectly with the screw holes for the stock handrail. No drilling required.

https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Car...s%2C155&sr=8-1
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the steps are a little stiff to pull out or fold back in look on the side of the steps. They will be marked where to adjust the tension for how much pull there is to work them.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the 5 step version on my Momentum 394M this past late summer/early fall and I absolutely love them. The landing pad, where I have to park my Momentum, inside of an RV Carport simply did not allow the MORryde one piece steps to be deployed while in the Carport. This was the perfect answer to a solid set of steps.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a question. When I pull my trailer home to load up for a trip I have to park the trailer on the street which means there's a curb which runs along the passenger side of the trailer. In that case the steps wouldn't have to travel as far to reach the ground. I can see that the bottom pegs adjust for height or reach if you will, but would such a situation cause a problem?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramcneal View Post
    I've got a question. When I pull my trailer home to load up for a trip I have to park the trailer on the street which means there's a curb which runs along the passenger side of the trailer. In that case the steps wouldn't have to travel as far to reach the ground. I can see that the bottom pegs adjust for height or reach if you will, but would such a situation cause a problem?
    I wouldn't think so. You would want to extend them all of the way so each step wouldn't be tucked a little under the previous step. When you then set the legs on higher ground the steps would be angled (slanted) with the leading edge higher then the back edge of each step so you would want to be careful when using them as they would feel a little awkward but should still be solid.
    Last edited by HighFive; 02-01-2020 at 07:47 AM.
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are awesome.

I have a set that I put on my SOB and now moved to my Reflection.

Wouldn't own anything else at this point.

I saw somewhere that they were working on these to fit the MorRyde/Lippert Solid Step OEM as well (there is no under mount box).
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    They are awesome.

I have a set that I put on my SOB and now moved to my Reflection.

Wouldn't own anything else at this point.

I saw somewhere that they were working on these to fit the MorRyde/Lippert Solid Step OEM as well (there is no under mount box).
    This is what we'll do if we upgrade
    GlowStep Revolution Uprising

Last edited by WhittleBurner; 02-01-2020 at 07:53 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast