User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 model 2250RK, Relocating Spare Tire

Has anyone with a 2250RK relocated their spare tire? My thought is to replace the spare tire holder with a light weight bicycle rack by attaching a clamp on 1 1/4 - 2” square receiver and buy a bike rack of the style that slides into the receiver. The bike in question is no more than 25-30 lbs. Any and all input and experience is appreciated.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bumpers are gusseted and rated for 300lbs.

Move the spare and put the receiver you want to.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate your input. As indicated I’m looking for someone who has already accomplished what I’ve mentioned which would give me a good direction to go in. Additionally, if more than one person has accomplished this in different ways, that would give me more than one option to choose from.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiefswret View Post
    Appreciate your input. As indicated I’m looking for someone who has already accomplished what I’ve mentioned which would give me a good direction to go in. Additionally, if more than one person has accomplished this in different ways, that would give me more than one option to choose from.
    I just did this for a customer on Wednesday on a 2800BH.

Loosened the spare tire holder, slid it to one side, and put the clamp on 2" receiver towards the other side.

Used this.....have to use as an undermount due to the body overlapping the bumper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great! Much thanks!
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you considered leaving the spare tire alone and getting a front mount bicycle rack. They have a few bicycle racks that mount to the front frame and holds the bicycle up over your propane tanks. Yes you have to pick the bicycle up onto the frame but if you have extra tongue weight capacity it might be a better option because the bicycle won't bounce up and down as much compared to on the bumper. The bumper idea isn't so much about the bicycle weight on the bumper it's the leverage a bumper mount puts on the bumper.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, i’m leaving that option open as well as a roof ladder style bike rack. appreciate your input.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bumpers on 2250RK are not that strong; be very careful what you attach to back bumper. On previous camper had welds break on bumper where it connects to frame. Bouncing of bicycles going down road puts a lot of force on bumper, the further something sticks out away from camper the more force on bumper. The closer something is to camper the less force. Tried same thing with bikes on rear ladder and started pulling ladder screws loose. I use ladder on 2250RK to store empty dump tank and it works good for this; have to take Camco chair holder to attach to ladder to keep tank from sliding down ladder with bouncing and ratchet straps to secure.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um, Imagine bumpers are only rated at 150#. I installed a BAL Hide a Spare behind the axles on our 2650.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you. coincidentally just today i met an Imagine 2800BH owner at a Walmart parking lot who showed me his BAL (dual) spare tire holder so i took a pic at the spec sticker so i can research. Please be so kind to reply with info like did you install yourself? was it a pain or not too bad? is yours a single or double? and the like. all info you can provide is much appreciated. btw, the one i saw today was mounted in front of the axels, could you comment on that also? tks!
    Last edited by Schiefswret; 02-21-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast