User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roofing question

I know this is not the proper category, but I could not find one specific to roofing issues across the Grand Design models. Admin, please move this to the appropriate category if there is a better spot (or maybe add a "roof" category here?)

Have any of yall used "RV Armor, Inc"? I saw an ad and messaged them. They quoted me a price of $4900 to put their product on my roof if no repairs were necessary. They said their product is guaranteed for the lifetime of the unit and is transferable to the next owner if it is sold. No "annual inspection" is required like with that "RV Warranty Forever" hype they try to sell with the purchase of a new RV.
    I am seriously considering it because of the horror stories I have heard about the roofing material Grand Design uses, but want to hear from others who have actually had this done on their unit. Thanks for the help!
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2018 Dodge Ram 4500 4x4 4 door flatbed Cummins Aisin 4.10s

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I have not had it done, but:

1. I have heard and read good things about it.
    2. I have not heard or read a single bad thing about it.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post
    Sorry, I have not had it done, but:

1. I have heard and read good things about it.
    2. I have not heard or read a single bad thing about it.
    X2^^. Also highly regarded over on the Escapees forums and Howard Payne of RV-Dreams.com thinks it's a top-notch product.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GravesDiesel View Post
    I know this is not the proper category, but I could not find one specific to roofing issues across the Grand Design models. Admin, please move this to the appropriate category if there is a better spot (or maybe add a "roof" category here?)

Have any of yall used "RV Armor, Inc"? I saw an ad and messaged them. They quoted me a price of $4900 to put their product on my roof if no repairs were necessary. They said their product is guaranteed for the lifetime of the unit and is transferable to the next owner if it is sold. No "annual inspection" is required like with that "RV Warranty Forever" hype they try to sell with the purchase of a new RV.
    I am seriously considering it because of the horror stories I have heard about the roofing material Grand Design uses, but want to hear from others who have actually had this done on their unit. Thanks for the help!
    ^^^x3

I asked the service manager at Campers Inn, Jacksonville, this very question during a tech seminar on roof maintenance. He had nothing but high praise for the product. To quote him, he said, "It's the bomb!" (Translation: it's an outstanding product.)

The only downside is the additional weight which detracts from available CCC. Exactly how much it adds I don't know.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)