Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cape Creek Bridge Oregon

Does anyone know if RVs/ Trailers are restricted from crossing the Cape Creek Bridge in Oregon along the 101?

I'm working on our trip for next June/July using the Good Sam trip planner and for some reason its sending us on a 2.5 hour detour around this bridge. When I look on Google Maps we can go straight though. I've tried to search restrictions but can't seem to find any.

Thanks for any help
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2016 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbostinker View Post
    Does anyone know if RVs/ Trailers are restricted from crossing the Cape Creek Bridge in Oregon along the 101?

I'm working on our trip for next June/July using the Good Sam trip planner and for some reason its sending us on a 2.5 hour detour around this bridge. When I look on Google Maps we can go straight though. I've tried to search restrictions but can't seem to find any.

Thanks for any help
    Google Street view shows 11'6" height on the edge and 14'6" on the radius. We have some locals here on the forum from Oregon also, who will likely report on conditions.

Another thing, your trip planner might have parameters of "no tunnel towing". Just thought of that.
    Last edited by Gold Country Livin'; 11-06-2019 at 07:19 AM.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbostinker View Post

Thanks for any help
    It has been a couple of years since I have been out there but have pulled a 12’ 9” trailer all up and down 101 multiple times. Google Cape Creek Tunnel and you will see the entrance to the tunnel. The first time through it got my attention but if you are concerned hug the center line. Your rig is 11’ 1” from the GD site info so you should be good.
    Last edited by J&J___; 11-06-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Country Livin' View Post
    Google Street view shows 11'6" height on the edge and 14'6" on the radius. We have some locals here on the forum from Oregon also, who will likely report on conditions.

Another thing, your trip planner might have parameters of "no tunnel towing". Just thought of that.
    I can't believe I didn't think of this. This was exactly the issue. Looks like the very edge is 11'6" of clearance and the map was set for a 12' trailer.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&J___ View Post
    It has been a couple of years since I have been out there but have pulled a 12’ 9” trailer all up and down 101 multiple times. Google Cape Creek Tunnel and you will see the entrance to the tunnel. The first time through it got my attention but if you are concerned hug the center line. It is a short tunnel. Your rig is 11’ 1” from the GD site info so you should be good.
    It looks like a quick rise from 11'6" at the edge of the tunnel to 14'6" at the edge of the lane. I'm thinking we'll be fine through there but I'll have to find out how tall my buddy's Momentum is.