Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i called GD about this as we are getting a XLS22RBE. The guy i talked to said he would have to transfer me to SALES, no one answered so i left a message. They left me a voice mail 4 days later & he said i don't think it should be a problem. So still not a clear answer from GD as well. Not sure if it's doable or not?
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsman3 View Post
    So i called GD about this as we are getting a XLS22RBE. The guy i talked to said he would have to transfer me to SALES, no one answered so i left a message. They left me a voice mail 4 days later & he said i don't think it should be a problem. So still not a clear answer from GD as well. Not sure if it's doable or not?
    Jason I have a similar thread going for up sizing tires on my reflection and critical clearance dimensions. E-trailer mentions 4" between. Searching here, GD, and IRV2 I found the same 4" between (some said 3") and 3"to 4" above too. Suspensions can be fickle to figure out travel. One post on a Rampler owner web page said to jack up one tire on your fully loaded trailer until just off the ground and measure above and between, then have a very heavy friend go inside and jump up and down. He indicated this wold indicate the expected maximum travel for a wheel. I have no idea if this is even accurate. Tire diameters can be found on most tire web pages so you can see the difference when you up size. You may be able to adjust the aspect ratio down of the new tire to stay close to your original outside diameter if clearances are tight. Hope this helps.

BTW when choosing new rims, double check the center hole dimension to be sure they will fit your brake hub center section.

Good luck Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12