User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review of Torklift GlowSteps Revolution-GD Reflection 297RSTS

My wife and I are very happy with our 2019 GD Reflection 297RSTS except for the entry steps. The factory installed steps are unstable, shake and bounce making it difficult to enter and exit especially with my bad knees. In short, they felt like walking out onto a diving board. We explored various options and even ordered a set of the swing up style steps. Fortunately, the set I ordered were damaged in shipment, so I never installed them, but had concerns about the excessive weight, drilling holes in our floor and them sitting in the door jamb while traveling.

Finally, we found a great solution, the Glowsteps Revolution. The Glowsteps Revolution are rock solid to step and stand on and have an advantage of being able to independently adjust the bottom legs for uneven surfaces. Also, our dog does not hesitate to enter the trailer as she did with the factory steps. Another observation is that when we are inside the trailer and people enter or exit, the trailer does not bounce around like it did with the factory steps. Including removing the old steps, it took me about (40) minutes to install the Glowsteps. I did not need to drill holes or make any modifications to the original mounting brackets. The only tools required are a 9/16” socket, ratchet and combination wrench. I cannot overstate how impressed we are with the quality and practicability of the Glowsteps. I love the simplicity and ease of deploying the steps for use and docking them for travel and storage. We are very pleased with the Glowsteps and feel we made the superior choice for our RV steps…

If you have any questions or need additional information, you can contact me at: [email protected]
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 04-28-2020 at 11:55 AM. Reason: fixed email address

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We installed the Torklift Glowstep Revolution steps on our 2016 Reflection 5th wheel. You are right - they are awesome steps! Easy to install. Super high quality. Very stable.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another one converted!
    We love our glowsteps too
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuba4155 View Post
    My wife and I are very happy with our 2019 GD Reflection 297RSTS except for the entry steps. The factory installed steps are unstable, shake and bounce making it difficult to enter and exit especially with my bad knees. In short, they felt like walking out onto a diving board. We explored various options and even ordered a set of the swing up style steps. Fortunately, the set I ordered were damaged in shipment, so I never installed them, but had concerns about the excessive weight, drilling holes in our floor and them sitting in the door jamb while traveling.

Finally, we found a great solution, the Glowsteps Revolution. The Glowsteps Revolution are rock solid to step and stand on and have an advantage of being able to independently adjust the bottom legs for uneven surfaces. Also, our dog does not hesitate to enter the trailer as she did with the factory steps. Another observation is that when we are inside the trailer and people enter or exit, the trailer does not bounce around like it did with the factory steps. Including removing the old steps, it took me about (40) minutes to install the Glowsteps. I did not need to drill holes or make any modifications to the original mounting brackets. The only tools required are a 9/16” socket, ratchet and combination wrench. I cannot overstate how impressed we are with the quality and practicability of the Glowsteps. I love the simplicity and ease of deploying the steps for use and docking them for travel and storage. We are very pleased with the Glowsteps and feel we made the superior choice for our RV steps…

If you have any questions or need additional information, you can contact me at: [email protected]
    I tried email but undeliverable. So, I would like to know how many steps you ordered for your GD. I also wanted to know if you chose the 6" or 8" steps. I have extremely bad knees and we have two dogs that use the steps frequently. Did you get the step blinders for your pets? Did you get the extra terrain landing gear? How about the boot/shoe cleaner attachment? I would love any further input you can provide. I do have a difficult time with the steps, and even my large dogs have some difficulty managing them. Thanks! -Janice

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours are arriving today for our 303rls. Already took original steps off, about 10 minute job. Looking forward to the ease of entry.

Bill & Jan

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jabhoyt View Post
    I tried email but undeliverable. So, I would like to know how many steps you ordered for your GD. I also wanted to know if you chose the 6" or 8" steps. I have extremely bad knees and we have two dogs that use the steps frequently. Did you get the step blinders for your pets? Did you get the extra terrain landing gear? How about the boot/shoe cleaner attachment? I would love any further input you can provide. I do have a difficult time wt ith the steps, and even my large dogs have some difficulty managing them. Thanks! -Janice
    Hi Janice,

My apology for the email issue. I imputed the incorrect address, will correct after answering your questions. We have 4 steps that are 8" wide. I don't think 6" would be adequate for us. We also did get the landing gear, but did not get blinders for our dog. Her issue with the factory steps were the movement and bouncing. I am not sure what the shoe cleaner is so we probably did not get that. I really can't offer any more information other than I think you will be very pleased with the GlowSteps and will provide some relief for your knees. I know they have helped my knees. For me it will never be pain free, but definitely is more stable. My correct email: [email protected]

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jabhoyt View Post
    I tried email but undeliverable. So, I would like to know how many steps you ordered for your GD. I also wanted to know if you chose the 6" or 8" steps. I have extremely bad knees and we have two dogs that use the steps frequently. Did you get the step blinders for your pets? Did you get the extra terrain landing gear? How about the boot/shoe cleaner attachment? I would love any further input you can provide. I do have a difficult time with the steps, and even my large dogs have some difficulty managing them. Thanks! -Janice
    Janice, the number of steps would depend on what trailer you have. Our 303 has 4 steps and the adjustable landing gear. If you can talk to a Torq Lift perosn they can direct you to exactly what you need. We did not get the blinders, all 3 did not have a problem on the GlowSteps like they did with the OEM steps.
    We also did not get the boot cleaner.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve had the TorkLift GlowSteps on our 337RLS for a little over a year now. They are great. We also changed out the handrail to an extended handrail.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FE15448F-25C2-4661-9F01-C999E648981E.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	25660
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbeard View Post
    We’ve had the TorkLift GlowSteps on our 337RLS for a little over a year now. They are great. We also changed out the handrail to an extended handrail.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FE15448F-25C2-4661-9F01-C999E648981E.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	25660
    Hi Paul and Sue,

Are these handrail a Torklift brand? They look very sturdy.

Thanks, Mike

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuba4155 View Post
    Hi Paul and Sue,

Are these handrail a Torklift brand? They look very sturdy.

Thanks, Mike
    Mike,
    It called Extended Lend-a-Hand Rail, made by Stromberg Carlson. Currently available at CW for $38.38.
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast