User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    The one I’ve used a few times near me has a sani-dump, never used it but a usefull amenity.
    The one I use also has this. My travel trailer is stored outside where it can get the solar power working. In the past I had a 41' motorhome in a covered site with power at another facility. My motorhome after only a few weeks was dirtier than it has every been with bird poop all over it.
    Last edited by reubenray; 01-23-2024 at 03:31 AM.
    Raymond, Dee Dee and Sophie (Yorkie)
    2023 Chevrolet 2500HD LT 4X4
    2024 Grand Design Reflection 296RDST

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good data on this post. It quickly reaffirms why I built my own RV carport on my property and am in complete control of the surroundings. Mine is a year old now and has three full sides. The front I did as a curtain for easy access. I have installed LED lights in there and can work on the camper and wash/wax it when desired. It's large enough that the slides can be nearly fully extended. After years of leaving my campers out in the harsh CO sun---this is a nice relief to store the new camper from day-one in the carport.

BTW----I keep my hanging owl on guard to keep any birds from flying inside and pooping on the camper. Works great!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Owl On Guarda.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	49471

Name:	Carporta.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	49472

Name:	Carport Curtaina.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	49473

Name:	Carport2a.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	49474
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in a townhome, so, off site storage has been a fact of life for me for years. My thoughts:
    > Must have items:
    - Security: Lighting, fence, gate, cameras
    - Room to maneuver; big rig friendly
    - Well marked spaces. It's a real pain to have a neighbor encroach on your space. My current lot has rebar covered with a PVC pipe between every space. Really forces folks to stay in their space.
    > Nice to have items
    - At least have a space where there is a place to hook to power. Even if not at each space, would be nice to have a place to be able to plug an air compressor or power tool to do work.
    - Porta Potty on-site. Really nice after a long drive!
    - A pay per use wash bay would be very welcome

I am paying $85 per month for out door, non-covered spaces that have all of the above with the EXCEPTION of no power and no wash bay.
    Last edited by Keebler; 01-23-2024 at 08:10 AM.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    I live in a townhome, so, off site storage has been a fact of life for me for years. My thoughts:
    > Must have items:
    - Security: Lighting, fence, gate, cameras
    - Room to maneuver; big rig friendly
    - Well marked spaces. It's a real pain to have a neighbor encroach on your space. My current lot has rebar covered with a PVC pipe between every space. Really forces folks to stay in their space.
    > Nice to have items
    - At least have a space where there is a place to hook to power. Even if not at each space, would be nice to have a place to be able to plug an air compressor or power tool to do work.
    - Porta Potty on-site. Really nice after a long drive!
    - A pay per use wash bay would be very welcome

I am paying $85 per month for out door, non-covered spaces that have all of the above with the EXCEPTION of no power and no wash bay.
    Thanks for the response. Fence, lighting, key pad and blue tooth accessible gate and monitored cameras are all part of the plan. Ample room to maneuver is one of our top priorities. I'll be out there with my crew cab Ram long bed dually and my 36' bumper pull to verify that. Electricity will be available at garage inside the fence along with a Porta-potty that's on a maintenance schedule so it stays clean and good. Also a landscaped picnic area. Unsure at this point how we will divide the spaces but there will be no doubt where one stops and another begins when we are done. Our pricing is right in line with what you are paying now. Thanks for including that.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I forgot to mention, we (and other renters) have added some reflectors (4) in the back and front of the bay to use as guides when backing in our trailers into the storage facility. The comment that folks sometimes crowd other neighbor renters is very true. Have seen that several times in covered facilities we rented from in the past. After doing so with ours, we no longer get crowded. Would recommend some form of bay area markers as well.
    Last edited by trailrydr; 01-23-2024 at 09:04 AM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you are on the right track with your plans. Here in Nevada, many are willing to pay a premium for covered storage for protection from the intense UV's.
    Having g a dump station available is very nice.
    2022 Momentum 351M
    2022 F450

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had our Foretravel at a storage place for the two years we were "stuck" in WY. They only had two choices: individual covered storage at $250/month, electricity included, or outside, no electricity for $25/month. We chose the cheaper option. During the time we were there the outside spaces went from "pick a spot" to designated sites, but no change in price for us. We heard that new people were paying $35/month for what we got for $25. They also added another 15 or so covered sites.

When I say "designated" sites above, it doesn't mean that we got a particular spot as ours, but that it was easy to tell where one site ended and the next one started. When we first went there you picked a spot on the ground that you liked and the next guy had to deal with your choice.

Sounds like you have a good plan going.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only dream of having a storage spot like that close to us. We pay $150/mo for uncovered spot. It is undated, but in a relatively safe area and the lot has no amenities whatsoever. The kicker is, I am very fortunate t have it, the next closest area would be 50+ miles away.
    2017 F350 4x4 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we used to have our rig at a small outside lot that was so tight that I would have to jockey a 24' ft trailer several times to get it into the site and so with you planning to make sure there is space to maneuver is great thinking and should attract business. Sounds like you are planning a nice set up. I have never been in a storage facility that had pull thru sites. Most places figure if you have a trailer that big you know how to back it up and so they just put in more sites. Good luck with the project and the retirement.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here in our town in Louisiana we have a 15x50 enclosed storage with electric that was $390 a month but went to $420. This excludes $10 a month electrical fee. We had covered storage and a inside storage unit that they kept going up on that was almost as much combined as where we are now. We just moved everything in to one that is 4 blocks from our house but it has no water available. The cameras really give a false sense of security unless they are monitored 24/7. You might get a look at vehicle, but the person is usually just someone with a hoody on. We have 10 foot doors and not quite enough room between buildings to easily back our 21G in without some effort. Room between buildings, door size, and no water is our problem.
    2021 Momentum 21G
    2020 Silverado 2500 6.6 Gas

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast