User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all of the replies. Since we're not towing (at least for now), we've narrowed it down to the 29RS. We did put a deposit down on the 303, but as soon as I am done typing here, I am going to call and cancel. We originally went to look at a used Solitude but didn't like it. So, we only looked at a trailer and the 303. We liked the 303 but didn't want to spend that much.

We asked about an outside kitchen and we're pretty sure the sales guy said fifth wheels don't have that although the RS did. The RS is a little bit cheaper but this dealer appears to have a new 2018 there. All we've looked at are 2019's. The dealer seems to be playing games. I have a Class C trade in that seems to be appraised at higher than it should be instead of just lowering the MSRP. I want to see if they keep that the same when I mention wanting to see the 2018. If that really is the appraisal it shouldn't make a difference what we're purchasing.

Thanks again for all of the information.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to ask, if we're not going to be towing it anywhere (at least in the foreseeable future), is there anything detrimental to having a 150 instead of the Reflection? We would only need to level it one time so auto levelers do not matter and we prefer the smaller fridge (the 29RS has a smaller fridge than the 303 too) as there are only two of us.

Thanks for any replies.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'll go ahead and plead my case for the 150-series...
    I'm not aware of anything "detrimental", unless you have a problem using the Levelmate Pro and a set of Andersen levelers.
    That's our setup to level the trailer and it takes me usually about 2 minutes tops and to be honest I'd rather use this system over an auto-leveling system that can break down.
    I like to compare it to having manual hand cranked windows in a car, versus electric windows. Don't discount the 150-series because you think it's less of a quality trailer than other series, it just has less fluff.
    We have been living in our 150-series full time since May. We like it because there's only 2 of us so it's the perfect size, definately would not recommend it for anyone with kids.
    The rear kitchen makes really good use of the space, the couch is basically 3 recliners that are heated and have massage, LED's and cup holders. It has the popup TV which I added a soundbar to, it has an actual separate bedroom which is hard to find in a 26 foot trailer and a shower that I can stand up in (I'm 6'5''). We ordered ours with the optional thermal windows, some call them double-paned glass.
    We like the fact that it is less than 27 feet long, and since it is a fifth wheel part of the front hangs over the bed of the truck, so only about 20 feet of the trailer is behind the truck, which is also about 20 feet long. This makes it extremely maneuverable. We are friends with a couple here that have a larger Reflection that is about 37 feet long and we are both currently bopping up and down the coast, so we stay in some of the same places and I can tell you there have been several locations that we've been able to back into that they could not, because of their length. They constantly say they wish they'd gone with something smaller for this reason.
    I'm sure the folks with 40 footers love em' but don't discount the small fifth wheels... you get the nice height and roomy feeling that the bumper pull trailers can't match, but the short length means you can still park it just about anywhere.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    merpmerp - There is nothing "detrimental" about the 150 Series. I would agree with DMB that there is something to be said for keeping things simple. Particularly if you are not going to "exercise" things like the auto level since you will be parked for an extended period. I would certainly add a pin tripod to your blocking plan for an extended stay with any 5th wheel.

Something to think about as you look at different trailers is which side do you want the majority of your windows on ? This is a major difference between the 29RS and many of the other models.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avidcamper View Post
    FYI, The newer reflection do not have metal gas lines. my 2018 303RLS has rubber.
    That's a bummer. I am glad my 29rs has black pipe. We HAVE to have rubber hoses for the slides but I prefer black pipe for the rest. For one, if you have a blowout (which the Westlakes do on occasion) a rubber hose is more likely to get damaged by the tire.
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, thanks for the replies, we'll be looking at the 29RS (Reflection) and 295RL (150). The 2018 150's say sale pending, so if we can get a good deal on the 2018 29RS, that might be the difference. There is a 2018 many miles away that will deliver but they won't take our 2000 Forest River Class C in a trade (even though it's got 7000 miles and is in great condition) so we may have to sell that privately first. The place we're going to say they will take our trade.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

303RLS pulling with 2500 SLT

How do you like this setup? I am purchasing a 2018 303RLS and I would like to stick with a 3/4 ton. I have had recommendations to move up to a 1-ton, but would rather not.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I have a 31MB pulling with a Chevy 2500 HD Gasser. Pulls just fine. Sometimes it struggles a little in the steeper mountains around here, but we are usually clear of the steeper mountains within 50 miles or so - depends on the direction we take. My rig weighs right around what yours does, with mine being a little heavier and having a heavier pin (hitch) weight. Your truck depending on its configuration (options) should be from about 13000# to somewhere around 14000#. You should be fine, and that a nice rig.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 150 230 RL has auto leveling and all the bells and whistles, 1 choose that one for weight, and its only the wife and I.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    A few other difference . . .
    The 150 Series usually have a smaller fridge than the regular Reflections
    150s do not have auto levelling which is standard on the regular.
    150s have a turning point hitch which provides clearance in a short box truck without a sliding hitch.
    With the lighter weight of the 150s, frame, suspension and structure are also lightened.

The 150s are very similar to earlier Reflections . . . before the above mentioned (and other) equipment became standard.

Rob

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by merpmerp View Post
    OK, thanks for the replies, we'll be looking at the 29RS (Reflection) and 295RL (150). The 2018 150's say sale pending, so if we can get a good deal on the 2018 29RS, that might be the difference. There is a 2018 many miles away that will deliver but they won't take our 2000 Forest River Class C in a trade (even though it's got 7000 miles and is in great condition) so we may have to sell that privately first. The place we're going to say they will take our trade.
    merpmerp, I just ran acrossa your post. I see it was from last September so maybe my comments are not pertinate anymore but here is my story anyhow. We bought a 2019 29RS last year and made several trips with it. It was our first 5th wheel but our third trailer. We enjoyed it but it didn't take long for us to realize that we missed having windows on the campsite side. While the trailer was great and we enjoyed it, we finally started researching other GD models for something that had windows on the campsite side and could still be towed by my F250. The only floorplan I could see that I would feel comfortable towing was the 150 series model 295rl. Fortunately, by the time we decided to bite the bullet and change out a 9 month old trailer, GD had done a mid model change in the 150 line and had changed the interior to the pebble decor, added auto leveling, tank heaters, and Goodyear Endurance tires as standard equipment. So we traded in the 29RS and got a 2020 295Rl. So far, we are glad we made the change and will try to forget the $10K mistake! The DW has proclaimed that this is the last time we do this. So if you haven't yet found your next RV, and have any questions, I would be glad to answer them.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast