User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can check this website "all battery sales and service" in Everett WA and check the Century battery boxes. I got the box for 4 of the 6volt batteries and the battery vent kit from amazon made by MTS.
    2018 GD Reflection 303rls (built 4/4/17) TST 507 TPMS
    1996 Ford F-350 7.3 Powerstroke CC 4x4 SRW John Woods Tranny (400 hp) 166k miles
    B&W TurnoverBall w/Companion 20k fifth wheel hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CManley:
    Where did you get your battery boxes from? I have a 4 battery setup and am trying to condense or place the batteries close together for more room. I'm using those black bulky boxes that take up to much room. I like your battery boxes better.
    Lynne and Lance
    2023 Solitude 2930 Current and Forever
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Traded In
    2016 Reflection 297RS. Traded In
    2022 Ram 3500 6.7 Diesel CC SRW SB
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 Diesel Traded In

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Glogowsky View Post
    CManley:
    Where did you get your battery boxes from? I have a 4 battery setup and am Click image for larger version. 

Name:	49427F18-3AE3-4202-A8A3-4AC0FD94BBED.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	10843Click image for larger version. 

Name:	49427F18-3AE3-4202-A8A3-4AC0FD94BBED.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	10843trying to condense or place the batteries close together for more room. I'm using those black bulky boxes that take up to much room. I like your battery boxes better.
    Lance, go to www.allbatterysalesandservice.com (sku#GCQ-G)
    2018 GD Reflection 303rls (built 4/4/17) TST 507 TPMS
    1996 Ford F-350 7.3 Powerstroke CC 4x4 SRW John Woods Tranny (400 hp) 166k miles
    B&W TurnoverBall w/Companion 20k fifth wheel hitch

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupins View Post
    Lance, go to www.allbatterysalesandservice.com (sku#GCQ-G)
    The problem with these battery boxes is that they have cable openings at/near the top. RV battery boxes have a dome at the top with no openings other than the vent hose connection to the outside. The cables should come in at least half way down the side of the box. This is so that the flammable hydrogen gas which is created during battery charging and is lighter than air, is vented outside the front compartment where there are switches and motors which could be a source of ignition.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    The problem with these battery boxes is that they have cable openings at/near the top. RV battery boxes have a dome at the top with no openings other than the vent hose connection to the outside. The cables should come in at least half way down the side of the box. This is so that the flammable hydrogen gas which is created during battery charging and is lighter than air, is vented outside the front compartment where there are switches and motors which could be a source of ignition.

Rob
    I agree that battery boxes need to be properly vented to the atmosphere, but I wonder if there have been any reported ignition events. I've looked at a lot of RV's where additional batteries have been added and most are unvented.

I'm getting ready to replace the mess my dealer installed using OEM boxes which are to short for the T105 batteries. They did connect the vent tubes, though. I can't decide if I want to cut the vent flanges off the OEM boxes and glue them to the new boxes or just blow it off like everyone else does.

Is hydrogen gas buildup actually a problem in our rather leaky RV compartments? What are the chances of actually reaching that narrow concentration of gas? Just thinking, I wonder if an LP detector would alarm on hydrogen gas?
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    I agree that battery boxes need to be properly vented to the atmosphere, but I wonder if there have been any reported ignition events. I've looked at a lot of RV's where additional batteries have been added and most are unvented.

I'm getting ready to replace the mess my dealer installed using OEM boxes which are to short for the T105 batteries. They did connect the vent tubes, though. I can't decide if I want to cut the vent flanges off the OEM boxes and glue them to the new boxes or just blow it off like everyone else does.

Is hydrogen gas buildup actually a problem in our rather leaky RV compartments? What are the chances of actually reaching that narrow concentration of gas? Just thinking, I wonder if an LP detector would alarm on hydrogen gas?
    I have no direct knowledge of this happening but I expect that proper battery venting is an RVIA spec. A Google search finds more about "why take the risk" than specific evidence of incidents. Such as http://caravanandmotorhomebooks.com/...tion-is-vital/

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So does this all mean that you shouldn't place your batteries against each other in any type of battery box that would fit 4 rv batteries?
    Lynne and Lance
    2023 Solitude 2930 Current and Forever
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Traded In
    2016 Reflection 297RS. Traded In
    2022 Ram 3500 6.7 Diesel CC SRW SB
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 Diesel Traded In

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim - I did basically as you describe with a mirror image battery installation using OEM parts that I got from my GDRV dealer. I cut the hole with a jig saw and a couple of metal blades. A little tedious, but got the job done.
    I posted this a while ago, but can't seem to find it now . . . the search tool is not cooperating for me either.

Rob
    Hey there Cate & Rob, very clean install. I am about ready to add a 2nd box, not with an inverter. I have the OEM box already. How did you get the parallel cables from the 2nd battery into the original box? Or maybe you went to your battery switch with the parallel cables?
    Also, I see you added a substantial common ground. Was that hole drilled from the storage area?
    Thanks
    Bradley
    Bradley & Glenna
    2016 29rs Reflection
    2016 Ford F250 - B&W Patriot 18k Slider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim - I did basically as you describe with a mirror image battery installation using OEM parts that I got from my GDRV dealer. I cut the hole with a jig saw and a couple of metal blades. A little tedious, but got the job done.
    I posted this a while ago, but can't seem to find it now . . . the search tool is not cooperating for me either.

Rob
    Hey there, I see also you added the 2nd vent in lieu of tying over to OEM. This is pretty flimsy metal where the vent is screwed, what did you use to cut through to add your new vent...thanks Rob. OH did you use an OEM vent?
    Bradley
    Bradley & Glenna
    2016 29rs Reflection
    2016 Ford F250 - B&W Patriot 18k Slider

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bradley,

You are picking up an a very old thread! I cut a hole for the duplicate vent with a hole saw.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast