User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot Water Flow Reduced from all Faucets & Shower

Am in a 2016 Reflections. The hot water flow is way reduced (cold water is fine) from all areas, kitchen, bathroom sink and shower. If I shut it off and turn it back on it will sometimes come back to a fuller force but nothing like it was before. Must be something with the water heater...hot water check valve broken or backflow prevention valve that may now be defective? I have looked at the hot water heater panel (from the outside) but do not see anything I can change. Downloaded the manual for the 6 gallon Atwood Water Heater but that was no help either.

Maybe flush out the water heater? Thank you!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    check your outside water valve. With the valve open and no device in the output (hose or showerhead) the valve might be bypassing.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What djmj350m said (make sure shower faucet valve is closed).
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryannbautz View Post
    Am in a 2016 Reflections. The hot water flow is way reduced (cold water is fine) from all areas, kitchen, bathroom sink and shower. If I shut it off and turn it back on it will sometimes come back to a fuller force but nothing like it was before. Must be something with the water heater...hot water check valve broken or backflow prevention valve that may now be defective? I have looked at the hot water heater panel (from the outside) but do not see anything I can change. Downloaded the manual for the 6 gallon Atwood Water Heater but that was no help either.

This is a long shot since your rig is several years old but you may want to look for a crushed hot water line. I have a 2020 337RLS that is three monts old. I pulled the back wall off the basement pass through storage to see what was back there. One of the things I found was where GD used a zip tie to hang four soft waterline hoses from the ceiling of the compartment. The result was that the black tank flush hose was completely collapsed and the red hot water hose from the hot water heater to the Nautilus panel was partially collapsed. Like I said this is a long shot but you may want to visually inspect the hose that runs from the hot water heater to the Nautilus to make sure it is not collapsed.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broken backflow/check valve. Had it happen on a different trailer. Spring broke off and it allowed the “stopper” to push outward and block water line.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, another good suggestion...thank you!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure I understand. Mechanically challenged but have the same problem. Happened after changing the outside water filter.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure the hot water tank isn't in bypass mode? That may well reduce pressure through not only the hot outlets but all of the cold outlets as well.

Just a thought...

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjurb7 View Post
    Not sure I understand. Mechanically challenged but have the same problem. Happened after changing the outside water filter.
    Hi, welcome to the forum.

You don't have to be especially mechanically-skilled to replace the check valve, if that's your problem, but it involves having the right tools and crawling around working on the back of your water heater. Here's a video documenting the whole process on a non-Grand Design trailer... you can watch just the first couple of minutes to see the part that @Justa5th posted about and understand its purpose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMqm_dPme8k

It would help to know what year and what trailer you have. The failed check valve isn't typically a new-trailer problem, but it's not an impossibility.

It's also possible that debris got into your plumbing when you replaced the filter. It could end up at the red-levered valve on your Nautilus panel (if you have a Nautilus panel) or at the aforementioned check valve and could cause the symptom you're seeing.

Couple of tips for using this forum.

- Please always use the "Reply With Quote" link at the bottom of any message related to a post you're creating. Not only does that copy the text of the original message into your reply (see your message quoted at the top of this one), but it generates an automatic alert so the person you're responding to gets a notice the next time they come here.

- Please create a 'signature' that will appear in each of your posts and contain at least information about what trailer you have, if not also your name and other equipment you use. Click on Settings at the top right, and then on the page that appears click Edit Signature in the menu at the left side to enter text that will appear in every message you post.

Hope this is helpful. If you have more questions ask away.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryannbautz View Post

It was indeed the check valve. We have a 2018 Reflexion 337RLS. Husband just had spine surgery, so had repair man come and replace plastic valve with brass. Thank you so much for your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast