User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First timer--Need to change hot water valve assembly in outside utility cabinet

Hello, please help a girl out! I have a 2016 Solitude 375 RE. I need to fully replace the hot water valve assembly in the outside utility cabinet. I'll spare the details here but No, I can't just fix the valve assembly (long story). I have the new part, but I'm wondering if it's as simple as unscrewing and removing the old assembly, then screwing in the new one? Is there a clamp or anything on whatever is on the other side of the utility cabinet? I can't see behind the cabinet and I'm worried that I may end up with a bigger problem than I have now if I pull the old one out. I'm over an hour away from the nearest shop, and my 250 gal propane tank was installed in a bad place outside which would make pulling out and leaving/returning a real pain. I'd rather just do this myself.

Thanks for any help!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "...hot water valve assembly in the outside utility cabinet..."...... I don't have a 375RE is am not sure what the outside utility cabinet is you speak of.

Photos would help. Is it the hot and cold water faucet in the wet bay (same bay your water hose connects to)? I'm think it has to be that or something in the water heater itself in the area that is open when the cover is removed.

IF it is the faucet in the wet bay (aka utility cabinet) then you should just be able to go behind that area through the basement storage area, unscrew the hot and cold water lines and screw on the new faucet. There are probably some large nuts involved in removing the actual faucet where it mounts to the cabinet.

I'd guess you bigger issue (or the harder part of the job) might be access to behind that faucet area in that it means removing one or more of the walls in the storage area.

Keep us posted....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skulseth View Post
    Hello, please help a girl out! I have a 2016 Solitude 375 RE. I need to fully replace the hot water valve assembly in the outside utility cabinet. I'll spare the details here but No, I can't just fix the valve assembly (long story). I have the new part, but I'm wondering if it's as simple as unscrewing and removing the old assembly, then screwing in the new one? Is there a clamp or anything on whatever is on the other side of the utility cabinet? I can't see behind the cabinet and I'm worried that I may end up with a bigger problem than I have now if I pull the old one out. I'm over an hour away from the nearest shop, and my 250 gal propane tank was installed in a bad place outside which would make pulling out and leaving/returning a real pain. I'd rather just do this myself. Thanks for any help!
    Just to highlight a bit of @traveldawg's advice, as he mentioned you can very easily remove a portion of the rear wall in your basement storage area. It's usually the angled portion of the wall, and usually has just six screws holding the big panel in place. Once that panel is removed you'll be able to see and have access to the mess of utility systems for your trailer, including the back of the Nautilus plumbing panel.

I'm unclear about what is a "hot water valve assembly", as Larry suggested pictures would help. Do you mean the red-handled Nautilus valve that determines whether your water heater is bypassed or included in your water supply? Or do you mean the hot water valve on the shower faucet? I haven't replaced either, but others who have would benefit from knowing what you're asking about before advising you. If it's the shower faucet, I'll guess that you don't *have* to remove the wall panel or get behind the Nautilus, but it's worthwhile knowing what's back there.

Good luck with your project.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch