User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Fresh water tank Fill via pump issues

Anyone have a good solution to fill the fresh water tank when power fill is not an option? Have Reflection 29RS with nautilus system. I leave the trailer on my mountain property all summer. I have to haul in water to fill the fresh water tank and the only way to do that is in the "sanitize" mode. The problem is the pump will barely pull water into the tank and almost always only when the water source is above the level of the intake. Ever tried lifting a 50 gallon water barrel

Wish there was an easier solution and I feel like I am going to burn out the pump as it takes forever to suck in that much water.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrb CO View Post
    Anyone have a good solution to fill the fresh water tank when power fill is not an option? Have Reflection 29RS with nautilus system. I leave the trailer on my mountain property all summer. I have to haul in water to fill the fresh water tank and the only way to do that is in the "sanitize" mode. The problem is the pump will barely pull water into the tank and almost always only when the water source is above the level of the intake. Ever tried lifting a 50 gallon water barrel

Wish there was an easier solution and I feel like I am going to burn out the pump as it takes forever to suck in that much water.
    You could use a small transfer pump (either 12 volt or 110) hooked to your power fill inlet. A quick check of Amazon yielded this: https://www.amazon.ca/GIDDS-521200/d...%2C227&sr=8-13
    but I’m sure Tractor Supply would have a cheaper one.
    Last edited by Bungy; 05-21-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrb CO View Post
    Anyone have a good solution to fill the fresh water tank when power fill is not an option? Have Reflection 29RS with nautilus system. I leave the trailer on my mountain property all summer. I have to haul in water to fill the fresh water tank and the only way to do that is in the "sanitize" mode. The problem is the pump will barely pull water into the tank and almost always only when the water source is above the level of the intake. Ever tried lifting a 50 gallon water barrel Wish there was an easier solution and I feel like I am going to burn out the pump as it takes forever to suck in that much water.
    @Bungy gave you good advice but he gave you the Canadian version of Amazon. Here's a page from the American Amazon showing many options for a transfer pump.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=water+tra...f=nb_sb_noss_1

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pull the washer with the screen out of the hose connection and turn it around, it will hold the check valve open. Make sure you turn it back after filling your tank or the system won't pressurize.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all!!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don’t mind, could you tell me which method you used. My husband and I are living in our 2018 Solitude 374th-RES on our mountain property in WV and have the same problem.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyandJoe View Post
    If you don’t mind, could you tell me which method you used. My husband and I are living in our 2018 Solitude 374th-RES on our mountain property in WV and have the same problem.
    I bought a transfer pump, but have not used it yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having the same issue. Siphon to tank or siphon to the fixtures does not work.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The transfer pump I bought isn’t powerful enough to overcome the check valve unless you reverse the little screen and hold the check valve open. I think it would be far better to get rid of the check valve and use a manual valve instead
    Last edited by rpmclean51; 05-25-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did the turning around of the screen to hold in the check valve today, and it worked amazingly fast with no problems.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast