Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $$$

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$$$

I need to quit reading these forums. I have only been on here a month. Since then I have bug screens everywhere. Had a hitch welded on. Leaf shackles reinforced. Have a max fan coming via Amazon for the bedroom. Bathroom fan was the first thing I did when we bought it. Plan on adding a second pump switch in bathroom now.

I can’t afford this forum.

Safe glamping!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HA!!! Welcome. Just the tip of the iceberg!

Just so I do not forget exactly how basic camping can be, my wife framed a picture of me at 23 on my motorcycle with the bedroll tied to the handlebars and a kit containing my mess kit, minimal clean clothes, and survival essentials tucked behind the seat and put in on the arm table next to the sofa so I can see it is while reclined in my theater seat with remote control in one hand and a gin & tonic in the other!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaGene View Post
    I need to quit reading these forums. I have only been on here a month. Since then I have bug screens everywhere. Had a hitch welded on. Leaf shackles reinforced. Have a max fan coming via Amazon for the bedroom. Bathroom fan was the first thing I did when we bought it. Plan on adding a second pump switch in bathroom now.

Safe glamping!
    Well, we're 2 1/2 years in and we're still adding stuff - lithium batteries most recently. Getting ready to add two lights directly over the island so I can see better at night in the kitchen. Adding transfer switch to run refrigerator off inverter while driving coming up.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha welcome ImaGene and yes this place is addicting lol. In just the last year I've bought all kinds of stuff from Amazon that I've seen on here. Hoses, water flow meters, gate valves, even a portable water softener lol. It is a lot of fun though to get you're rig exactly the way you want it with improvements. Have fun and enjoy your shopping. My Amazon delivery guy just rolls his eyes at me now when he brings a package lol!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Safe glamping!
    Bought our first RV in March, finally got the call yo pick it up next week. [emoji16].
    Since then there's been a steady stream of UPS, FedEx, Purolater .... trucks in our driveway. Lol

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    HA!!! Welcome. Just the tip of the iceberg!

Just so I do not forget exactly how basic camping can be, my wife framed a picture of me at 23 on my motorcycle with the bedroll tied to the handlebars and a kit containing my mess kit, minimal clean clothes, and survival essentials tucked behind the seat and put in on the arm table next to the sofa so I can see it is while reclined in my theater seat with remote control in one hand and a gin & tonic in the other!
    I’d have to live to be 150 and RV the whole time to ever catch up to all the fun nights I’ve had in my life sleeping under the stars on a tarp or in a tent. Talking by a fire and dozing off in a deep dark woods, by a stream or lake. Waking to the birds at daylight, eating breakfast watching the sunrise over a mountain. Bundled up inside a bitterly cold tent so we could see the view of a valley under a new blanket of snow in the morning.

Those were the days! No worrying about wheel bearings, cholesterol or 401Ks!
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to quit reading these forums. I have only been on here a month. Since then I have bug screens everywhere. Had a hitch welded on. Leaf shackles reinforced. Have a max fan coming via Amazon for the bedroom. Bathroom fan was the first thing I did when we bought it. Plan on adding a second pump switch in bathroom now. I can’t afford this forum. Safe glamping!
    That's just the penny-ante stuff. Now that we know you're paying attention we'll start talking about axles, disc brakes, generators...

We enjoy spending other peoples' money because we don't have any of our own anymore.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    That's just the penny-ante stuff. Now that we know you're paying attention we'll start talking about axles, disc brakes, generators...

We enjoy spending other peoples' money because we don't have any of our own anymore.
    And how about solar with lithium batteries? They're totally necessary.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve had the genee for a few years now. Damnit what is this about disc brakes? How much does that cost?

I am curious. My stinger bounces in the hitch. How do I fix that?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Bought our first RV in March, finally got the call yo pick it up next week. [emoji16].
    Since then there's been a steady stream of UPS, FedEx, Purolater .... trucks in our driveway. Lol

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Purolater? Like armored truck outfit?
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast