User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=EddieK82;298067]So the one I linked to can't use the charging wizard? What is the difference between the one you showed and that one? I was about to order the one I have linked with the charging wizard as well and the voltage lcd.

I did some more research. I now have 3 converters on the way LOL. I have to send 2 back and keep the 9200 with the dongle thing and the voltage monitor. Thanks for the help![/QUOT

Be sure to get a converter that knows how to charge the new battery technologies like GEL, Lithium, and AGM. The cheap ones we get may not have the logic for the better batteries.
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think the ones I have coming can do that, I'll definitely have to double check, maybe call Grand Design and ask them about what they recommend. I do plan on installing 2 lithium batteries in the future. Can some of these do both lead and lithium? I looked and it seams one or the other?
    Last edited by EddieK82; 06-02-2020 at 11:12 AM.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    So the one I linked to can't use the charging wizard? What is the difference between the one you showed and that one? I was about to order the one I have linked with the charging wizard as well and the voltage lcd.

I did some more research. I now have 3 converters on the way LOL. I have to send 2 back and keep the 9200 with the dongle thing and the voltage monitor. Thanks for the help!
    The PD9160AV you linked has to have the microprocessor Charge Wizard purchased separately and plugged in to make the 9160AV a 4 stage converter.
    https://www.progressivedyn.com/rv/po...er-converters/
    7. TOTAL CHARGE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (TCMS) – All PD9100 Series Power Converters incorporate a TCMS connector port located on the front of the converter to allow for the installation of the optional Charge Wizard.

*The Wizard is built in the 9200 series and available separately for the 9100 series.

The PD9260CV has the microprocessor Charger Wizard built in.
    7. BUILT-IN ACCESSORY PORT – All PD9200 Series Power Converters incorporate an accessory port for the optional Converter Status Remote Pendant which is used to monitor the Charge Wizard operating modes.

I think the Voltage LCD on the same Amazon page linked is a 3rd party device that has to be wired in to the RV's 12V system separately.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My converter came in today. Any tips before I start installing it?

Update, I checked both fuses in the converter and nothing was popped. I disconnected the battery like the directions said. I'm working on getting the old unit out but having issues with the little ground wire nut. I have taken the screws out of the flooring and the unit is loose, after the ground wire comes out it will be free and I can start putting in the old one in after i remove the positive and negative from the old converter. They made this really difficult to get to the converter. I don't know why they coun't put the AC/Heat duct behind the wall and the converter in the open spot but they probably had their reasons.

i'm just hoping I don't miss something and hurt something more.

I've got the ground out of the old one and it's out of the rig. The new converter has 2 inputs for pos/neg, the old one had one input for pos and one for neg. I picked the two right side inputs of each pol and put the pos and negative in there.

The old converter has the ground wrapping through the ground port, this one only has a spot to put the ground "plugged" into the little hole. I'm trying to figure out how to put the ground in that hole so I don't have to cut anyting, maybe crimp it?
    Last edited by EddieK82; 06-03-2020 at 02:56 PM.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    The PD9160AV you linked has to have the microprocessor Charge Wizard purchased separately and plugged in to make the 9160AV a 4 stage converter.
    7. TOTAL CHARGE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (TCMS) – All PD9100 Series Power Converters incorporate a TCMS connector port located on the front of the converter to allow for the installation of the optional Charge Wizard.

*The Wizard is built in the 9200 series and available separately for the 9100 series.

The PD9260CV has the microprocessor Charger Wizard built in.
    7. BUILT-IN ACCESSORY PORT – All PD9200 Series Power Converters incorporate an accessory port for the optional Converter Status Remote Pendant which is used to monitor the Charge Wizard operating modes.

I think the Voltage LCD on the same Amazon page linked is a 3rd party device that has to be wired in to the RV's 12V system separately.
    I know I'm not capable of that so I'll hold on to it and have a dealer put that in.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The old converter has the ground wrapping through the ground port, this one only has a spot to put the ground "plugged" into the little hole. I'm trying to figure out how to put the ground in that hole so I don't have to cut anyting, maybe crimp it?
    I tapped onto the solid wire with a split bolt connector and ran a short wire to the converters ground.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF5275.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	26946
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will do that! Thanks. What size wire is that?
    Ed & Kaitlin

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so I used an 8 gauge wire to and used the same method as above to ground it. Only difference is I used a 3 foot long ground in order to get the ground around and to the back of the unit as the ground is on the back side. I'm not sure if this will be an issue or not.

I have the pos and neg hooked in, the ground and it's secured to the floor, I plugged in the power cord to the fuse box and put the fuse box back in, which took some pushing as the rats nest was forcing it back out. I hooked up the dongle that lets me override the types of charging, which I really like for storage mod, fast mode, etc.

Before I hit the power on this bad boy, should I check for anything else? And should i plug in a regular extension cord in first before my 30 amp?
    Ed & Kaitlin

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so I used an 8 gauge wire to and used the same method as above to ground it. Only difference is I used a 3 foot long ground in order to get the ground around and to the back of the unit as the ground is on the back side. I'm not sure if this will be an issue or not.

I have the pos and neg hooked in, the ground and it's secured to the floor, I plugged in the power cord to the fuse box and put the fuse box back in, which took some pushing as the rats nest was forcing it back out. I hooked up the dongle that lets me override the types of charging, which I really like for storage mod, fast mode, etc.

Before I hit the power on this bad boy, should I check for anything else? And should i plug in a regular extension cord in first before my 30 amp?
    The ground wire you used, size and length for the converter is fine.

I figure you have battery cables are reinstalled.
    The 30A power is fixed so it's 120VAC and you've already plugged it in and verified with a voltmeter & correct operation in the RV?
    If so should be ready to use.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the new converter is working as advertised, but my fridge won't get cold, the microwave is gone and the fireplace won't go on. So I'm assuming they're all burned out.

My main concern right now is the fridge. Anyone know what part I can replace to get the AC cooling to work. It works on propane I think but just switched it over so have to wait a little.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast