User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy TV screen not clear

Dealer replaced my living room tv last fall under warranty. Just got to Florida set up camper now my living room tv has a lot of what I would call fuzz in the picture. Had campground check cable it is fine. Checked tv in bedroom,it is okay. Rescanned the tv and noticed it is scanning cable in analog. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas I could check? When we first bought the camper we could not get the tv
    To work. The tech looked at it and put it on HDMI2 to work. Now that does nothing? With everything digital today would that have anything to do with it. HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP. Tom
    Tom & Connie
    2017 303 RLS
    2018 Silverado Duramax

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When on cable you have to make sure the antenna booster is off.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cfowler55 thanks that is the first thing I did.
    Tom & Connie
    2017 303 RLS
    2018 Silverado Duramax

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hook a cable directly between the campground terminal and the TV. If you have a clear picture, then there is probably a loose connection somewhere in the RV wiring.

Jim

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you adjusted settings in the TV?

There are many adjustments to play with on a modern TV, since you say "fuzz".
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Hook a cable directly between the campground terminal and the TV. If you have a clear picture, then there is probably a loose connection somewhere in the RV wiring.

Jim
    This is what I found with our 303. If your issue is due to poor reception, you should check all your cable connections and there are several behind the basement walls and also at the antennae booster. There is also a splitter behind the Furrion radio with 3 connections. The one that I'm sure gets missed is the barrel connector above the cloroplast, just inside the frame rail behind the street side tires. You can follow the cable as it comes out of the slide and into the frame rail. It is just a barrel connector, connecting the two cable ends where the cable feeds the living room tv in the slide.

I had sorted all the other connections in the coach, that I could find, and was just going to chock it up to an inferior TV, TCL in the living room compared to the Samsung I installed in the bedroom. I then did exactly as Jim described and connected a cable direct to the TV and it was just fine. Then, I remembered from a post on this forum, reading about the barrel connector underneath the coach and when I found it and tightened it up, the reception problem was solved. It was not hard to get to at all, and easy to find once you know what to look for. Thanks to whoever posted that one...
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all the direct line worked. I will follow up with the information Rapid1 has given. Thanks again Tom
    Tom & Connie
    2017 303 RLS
    2018 Silverado Duramax

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by felt100 View Post
    Thanks all the direct line worked. I will follow up with the information Rapid1 has given. Thanks again Tom
    Good luck my friend, it's not hard and only a couple bolts/screws need to be taken out and then pull the panel down to see the connection. You will see where to go in once you get under there and see where the cables go. I hope it solves your issue.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1