User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We live in Colorado and don’t keep an ac connection to the camper for the winter. We take the Batteries out and store them in our insulated garage, then charge them every 2 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a Battery Minder or equivalent. Use disconnect switch or disconnect leads from your battery. Connect the Battery Minder. Plug it in to 110. This will maintain your battery over winter. In 2018 I forgot to connect my battery minder on my second vehicle for an extended trip that summer (rushed, I guess, or just getting forgetful in old age). When we got back, Battery was dead when we returned. This summer (2019) I remembered the battery minder. Car started right up when we got back.

Setting Up Camp
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When storing our RV for months I pull the batteries out and trickle charge them at home. If we plan to use the RV within a few weeks I just disconnect the negative cable to the battery. Recently bought a switch and 24" cable so I don't have to remove the battery box to disconect the negative cable.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up here in Canada it's best to disconnect and remove the batteries ..otherwise they will be dead and quite possibly frozen half way through winter. Another option..keep your trailer plugged in.. the trickle charge will prevent both.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disconnect my batteries (4) and connect a battery tender plus to them. The battery tender plus plug-in to my trailer which is on shore power. That has always worked for me.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailer View Post
    Up here in Canada it's best to disconnect and remove the batteries ..otherwise they will be dead and quite possibly frozen half way through winter. Another option..keep your trailer plugged in.. the trickle charge will prevent both.
    I can leave the camper plugged in all winter where it's parked.....so just leave the battery connected & hope the converter/charger does what it's supposed to do. Thanks!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a follow-up to my previous post....I went over to the storage yard today to check on the trailer. It has now been about 10 weeks since I shut off the battery isolator switch. I turned the switch back on and had nice bright lights in the trailer. I do not have a volt meter installed, but the batteries appear to be totally isolated by the switch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryfly46 View Post
    As a follow-up to my previous post....I went over to the storage yard today to check on the trailer. It has now been about 10 weeks since I shut off the battery isolator switch. I turned the switch back on and had nice bright lights in the trailer. I do not have a volt meter installed, but the batteries appear to be totally isolated by the switch.
    Wow, that's good to know. Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234