Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17george View Post
    Got mine had it done a week ago.
    Had ours done yesterday.

Had an appointment for 9:30 am. Drove into service lot at 9:15, went to office to check in and was informed that their computer system was down. They could go ahead and do the fix, but would have to email or snail mail the paperwork to us later.

Technician just came out to where we were in the "pull forward" lane and did it. My husband was quite happy that he did it there where he could keep an eye on what what going on. The technician said ours was his 3rd one he would be doing. Then he proceeded to say that the wires in question were only on the street side of the rig. My husband said he didn't think so. So the tech opened up the curb side and, sure enough, the wires just fell out. He fixed them. Then he had to go get more wire ties (he had only brought 2 out). After he opened the street side of the rig, he said there aren't any wires there. My husband said "yes, right here" and touched them. The tech gave a little tug on them and they fell out of where they were tucked behind something. He the fixed those.

Really intelligent training there.......makes me worry about the 2 rigs before ours he did.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly why I am doing mine myself.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did mine and took pictures. I found 3 total and tightened 2 cable TV connectors....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recall problem
    I Have run into a situation that I believe would be of interest to Grand Design owners. I have a recall on my 2016 Reflection and am having a problem getting it serviced. Part of the problem might be caused by us but owners should be aware of the problem.
    My recall is : my 110 Volt wire connector (s) in the underbelly may not be properly secured and may drop to the bottom of the underbelly over time. if water intrusion into the underbelly were to occur and the connection (s) were to contact this water the potential exist for an electrical short circuit, increasing the risk of fire.
    My problem is this, We did not buy our rv from our local dealer. The reason:we went through the normal purchase routine and on our final meeting ,ready to buy our purchase price increased $5,000. Now, after this we did not feel comfortable going through with the deal. At this dealer. We did want to purchase a Grand Design product but at that time the only Grand Design dealer was 114 miles from home. We have owned several 7 trailers over the years,mostly Jayco and have never had and reason to return to a dealer for anything. So we felt safe in making our purchase at a dealer 114 miles from home. Now we are in a situation where we have to return to the dealer we purchased our Grand Design. The message here is, if you do not get a decent deal at your local dealer you are stuck with the deal or you travel 114 miles from home to own a Grand Design.
    NOW. THE OTHER PART OF THE RECALL LETTER ! States : Contact your selling dealer OR NEAREST Grand Design RV dealer as soon as possible to schedule an appointment. If your distance from a Grand Design dealer is significant, please contact us at ---,---.---- so we can work with you to make other arrangements to have the needed inspection & repairs completed.
    So at this point I have contacted Camping World and they told me they can not do recall work and they have already turned away 6 other Grand Design trailers wanting to have the same recall completed.
    Just something to think about. I called Grand Design and so far this is where I am. The dealer that refuses to do my recall is a Maryland dealer. For your information.

Think about this I have a GRAND DESIGN with a potential serious recall ( POTENTIAL FOR FIRE ) and a local GRAND DESIGN DEALER REFUSES TO CORRECT MY RECALL . GRAND DESIGN TOLD ME THEY HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE DEALERS.

I believe the NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION should be aware of this. I believe ( especially for a safety recall ) a any dealer that sells a particular brand should have to service recalls. Sorry this is so long but felt you need all the facts and this is something to be aware of.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Titan Disc Brakes
    Hensley hitch
    2002 GMC Duramax 3:73 rear, 2 wheel drive

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duke13 View Post
    Recall problem
    I Have run into a situation that I believe would be of interest to Grand Design owners. I have a recall on my 2016 Reflection and am having a problem getting it serviced. Part of the problem might be caused by us but owners should be aware of the problem.
    My recall is : my 110 Volt wire connector (s) in the underbelly may not be properly secured and may drop to the bottom of the underbelly over time. if water intrusion into the underbelly were to occur and the connection (s) were to contact this water the potential exist for an electrical short circuit, increasing the risk of fire.
    My problem is this, We did not buy our rv from our local dealer. The reason:we went through the normal purchase routine and on our final meeting ,ready to buy our purchase price increased $5,000. Now, after this we did not feel comfortable going through with the deal. At this dealer. We did want to purchase a Grand Design product but at that time the only Grand Design dealer was 114 miles from home. We have owned several 7 trailers over the years,mostly Jayco and have never had and reason to return to a dealer for anything. So we felt safe in making our purchase at a dealer 114 miles from home. Now we are in a situation where we have to return to the dealer we purchased our Grand Design. The message here is, if you do not get a decent deal at your local dealer you are stuck with the deal or you travel 114 miles from home to own a Grand Design.
    NOW. THE OTHER PART OF THE RECALL LETTER ! States : Contact your selling dealer OR NEAREST Grand Design RV dealer as soon as possible to schedule an appointment. If your distance from a Grand Design dealer is significant, please contact us at ---,---.---- so we can work with you to make other arrangements to have the needed inspection & repairs completed.
    So at this point I have contacted Camping World and they told me they can not do recall work and they have already turned away 6 other Grand Design trailers wanting to have the same recall completed.
    Just something to think about. I called Grand Design and so far this is where I am. The dealer that refuses to do my recall is a Maryland dealer. For your information.

Think about this I have a GRAND DESIGN with a potential serious recall ( POTENTIAL FOR FIRE ) and a local GRAND DESIGN DEALER REFUSES TO CORRECT MY RECALL . GRAND DESIGN TOLD ME THEY HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE DEALERS.

I believe the NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION should be aware of this. I believe ( especially for a safety recall ) a any dealer that sells a particular brand should have to service recalls. Sorry this is so long but felt you need all the facts and this is something to be aware of.
    What did GDRV Customer Service 574 825 9679 communicate to you ? It is not quite clear what options they suggested or possibly you have not contacted GDRV corporate yet ?

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    What did GDRV Customer Service 574 825 9679 communicate to you ? It is not quite clear what options they suggested or possibly you have not contacted GDRV corporate yet ?

Dan
    I have been talking withGD and so far they said I could take my RV to another RV dealer. As of now the dealers I have contacted refuse recall work on GD products because of some issue they can't get the recall updated. I am waiting for GD to call the dealer and get back to me . I will let everyone know when I have some luck getting this scheduled. I love our trailer but now am having second thoughts. Might have been as well off with an other brand instead of going far away. Just that I have had two Jayco trailers and have not had any issues. We have towed the two trailers all over the US including Alaska without ANY issues. We usually keep out trailers around 12 years before trading. Have a nice day.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Titan Disc Brakes
    Hensley hitch
    2002 GMC Duramax 3:73 rear, 2 wheel drive

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duke13 View Post
    I have been talking withGD and so far they said I could take my RV to another RV dealer. As of now the dealers I have contacted refuse recall work on GD products because of some issue they can't get the recall updated. I am waiting for GD to call the dealer and get back to me . I will let everyone know when I have some luck getting this scheduled. I love our trailer but now am having second thoughts. Might have been as well off with an other brand instead of going far away. Just that I have had two Jayco trailers and have not had any issues. We have towed the two trailers all over the US including Alaska without ANY issues. We usually keep out trailers around 12 years before trading. Have a nice day.
    OK good. GDRV Customer Service has been excellent to work with.

In addition to FB sites GDRV participates in, they have an owners forum too in which Customer Service team members participate in. You may want to consider using that site to share feedback regarding this important issue.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    I'm sorry I can't do that. My dealer never should have sent them to me in the first place. Management at GD has also contacted me not to do the work myself (very friendly). They were greatly concerned my dealer did it. It makes you liable in the future.

Now having said that do a web search on the instructions - they have been posted before.
    I did research the internet and couldn't find any instructions on doing the repair. Actually you would not be liable for anything by posting the instructions sent by the dealership. You are not telling anyone to make the repairs themselves, you would simply be sharing what the dealership said on how they will make the repairs. YOU can't be held responsible for anything someone else does to THEIR own rv.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I contacted Grad Design and they told me to take it to any certified RV or auto repair shop. My brother has an auto repair shop and GD service email him the instructions. I took the instructions, did the repair myself, he checked it, and he is submitting the paperwork and invoice to GD for reimbursement. GD service also said I could pay the invoice and send it to GD for reimbursement. I found GD very good to work with and very flexible on this issue. They just want to make sure it gets done and they have a paper trail to prove it. I also took pictures of the repairs as evidence It was completed for GD.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, PullRite 16K Superglide, 2022 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast