User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outtahere View Post
    I stopped shopping at Lowes when they insisted that if I wanted my military discount I had to set up an account (not a charge card) using my phone number so they could track my purchases. HD on the other hand, just does it when I show them my retired ID, they record nothing. Like a lot of states, here in CA you can get your driver's license to show your status as a vet if you're not retired, and HD honors that, at least where I live.
    That’s odd. I shop at Lowe’s all the time and only flash my VA health card for military discount. I’ve shopped at multiple Lowe’s in Florida and up in North Carolina the same way.

I do have a “MyLowe’s” account but I mainly use it only for online shopping at Lowe’s since it automatically applies the 10% discount when shopping online

Home Depot on the other hand will not give discounts to veterans or military unless they are Service Connected disabled, retired military or active military. Even then, they will not give discounts on items on sale or discounted already. Home Depot will not discount items ordered on line even if you pick them up in the store.

At least that’s my experience.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Military Discount - Lowes

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    That’s odd. I shop at Lowe’s all the time and only flash my VA health card for military discount. I’ve shopped at multiple Lowe’s in Florida and up in North Carolina the same way.

I do have a “MyLowe’s” account but I mainly use it only for online shopping at Lowe’s since it automatically applies the 10% discount when shopping online

Home Depot on the other hand will not give discounts to veterans or military unless they are Service Connected disabled, retired military or active military. Even then, they will not give discounts on items on sale or discounted already. Home Depot will not discount items ordered on line even if you pick them up in the store.

Yea me too, since I didn’t retire, all I carry with me is the MyHealthVet card, looks like this...

(that’s not mine though)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are alot of companies out there that do nothing for veterans Lowes does this out of appreciation BUT some grossly abuse this discount. I have been screamed at many times for refusing to give the discount because they were not in the system, didnt have proper ID, etc. When they get on their high horse, I politely inform them that I am a veteran and a parent of a veteran and that their behavior is a disgrace to the men and women of our Armed Forces.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 09-10-2020 at 07:25 AM. Reason: removed spam link

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Military Discount at Lowes

Quote Originally Posted by reviewcart View Post
    There are alot of companies out there that do nothing for veterans. Lowes does this out of appreciation BUT some grossly abuse this discount. I have been screamed at many times for refusing to give the discount because they were not in the system, didnt have proper ID, etc. When they get on their high horse, I politely inform them that I am a veteran and a parent of a veteran and that their behavior is a disgrace to the men and women of our Armed Forces.
    I also appreciate the military discount at Lowe's, but they have also followed suit with Home Depot to not give you the discount if the item is on sale. I compare shop now on things like appliances and then go to Best Buy and they have matched the sale price and given the military discount. Someone told me that Lowe's now has an ex Home Depot exec.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 09-10-2020 at 07:26 AM. Reason: removed link in quote
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The above is not accurate. I get my 10% discount at Home Depot and I am simply a military veteran of 7 years. No disabilities.
    I flash my veteran ID card (department of veterans affairs) to the cashier (I have to ask for help now at the self checkouts) and they deduct 10%. And thank me for my service which I appreciate.
    They will not give a discount for online orders, but yes Lowe's does so I always shop Lowe's for online.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    The above is not accurate. I get my 10% discount at Home Depot and I am simply a military veteran of 7 years. No disabilities.
    I flash my veteran ID card (department of veterans affairs) to the cashier (I have to ask for help now at the self checkouts) and they deduct 10%. And thank me for my service which I appreciate.
    They will not give a discount for online orders, but yes Lowe's does so I always shop Lowe's for online.
    Jay,

It’s likely your store employee doesn’t want to get into denial of the discount.

The official Home Depot policy is below. Unless your VA card shows “Service Connected” below your picture discounts only apply on holidays.

When I shop at HD the employee sometimes doesn’t even look at my card. Other times they look closely to see if I’m service connected.

Lowe’s is different. When I registered for the My Lowe’s card I presented my DD-214 and now any time I check out ii just give them my phone number which links to My Lowe’s card. It automatically applies the discount without asking.

Another annoyance is that HD does not apply discount to building products where Lowe’s does.

Last edited by Jerryr; 09-10-2020 at 08:43 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jay,

It’s likely your store employee doesn’t want to get into denial of the discount.

The official Home Depot policy is below. Unless your VA card shows “Service Connected” below your picture discounts only apply on holidays.

When I shop at HD the employee sometimes doesn’t even look at my card. Other times they look closely to see if I’m service connected.

Lowe’s is different. When I registered for the My Lowe’s card I presented my DD-214 and now any time I check out ii just give them my phone number which links to My Lowe’s card. It automatically applies the discount without asking.

Another annoyance is that HD does not apply discount to building products where Lowe’s does.

This is the reason I refuse to use Home Depot unless it's my only choice for a product.
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that this may be a store-by-store policy/interpretation. In PA, as in some other states, you can have your veteran status memorialized on your driver’s license. Every time I hit a check-out, either manned or automated, I receive the discount and a “Thanks for your service”. It’s always exactly the same words. If I am at the automated line, there is usually an employee nearby. I just raise my hand to get their attention, and ask for the discount. I always have my driver’s license out and ready, and they usually take a quick glance at it, then scan their card and enter the discount.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jay,

My ID card does say "service connected" but I was told by the VA that meant I was on active duty. (issued in CT). I have no disabilities.
    Now that I live in Florida I was told that when I renew my driver's license I can have "veteran" put on it and I can then use that for my discount in lieu f the VA ID card.

I have been to many HDs in more than one state and they always give me the 10%.

I don't know what you mean by building products but I've gotten the discount on anything I have ever bought there since I learned about the discount. (unless it was on clearance).

Yes I do prefer the way Lowe's does the discount, but so far I have never been to a self checkout there so I don't know how that works yet.

(Home Depot is closer to my house so that's usually my preference.)

That said, my good friend that lives nearby uses his old military ID card that he kept from the mid 60s. You can barely read it but they never question it.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    My ID card does say "service connected" but I was told by the VA that meant I was on active duty. (issued in CT). I have no disabilities.
    Now that I live in Florida I was told that when I renew my driver's license I can have "veteran" put on it and I can then use that for my discount in lieu f the VA ID card.

I have been to many HDs in more than one state and they always give me the 10%.

I don't know what you mean by building products but I've gotten the discount on anything I have ever bought there since I learned about the discount. (unless it was on clearance).

Yes I do prefer the way Lowe's does the discount, but so far I have never been to a self checkout there so I don't know how that works yet.

(Home Depot is closer to my house so that's usually my preference.)

That said, my good friend that lives nearby uses his old military ID card that he kept from the mid 60s. You can barely read it but they never question it.

Building products such as lumber is automatically excluded by the cashier computer from military discount at HD, not so at a Lowe’s.

HD will no longer give discounts on anything that’s on sale or discounted in any way. They used to give discounts on appliances but since they never list them at manufactures price no more discounts.

Electrical items are eligible for military discount. I just used it today to purchase a circuit breaker box and several circuit breakers with discount.

Florida used to put a “V” in lower right side and now they put “Veteran” on your DL when you renew if you show your DD-214 or VA medical card when renewing. It can be used to get Veteran discount at multiple stores, Lowes and several auto parts stores.

“Service Connected” under your picture is meant that veteran has a service connected disability as a result of military service.

Here are my DL and VA medical card. BTW, the medical services I’ve received at the VA have always been exceptional.

Jerry & Linda

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast