User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 311 has the same issue. I think it has to do with the motor being on one side vs the pressure in the gas strut on the opposite side. I cannot stand driving that way, so I pull down on the rear arm to overpower the gas strut while the wife pressed the button. Just a little bit of assist gets it to roll up flush.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way I can see this happening is if the awning was not cut square, or if one of the seams is thicker than the other side and it is winding on top of itself, causing one side to roll up faster than the other side.

Another possibility is if the two arms are not of equal length (one of the arms got adjusted by accident).

I would get a tall ladder and carefully measure both sides of the awning from the wall to the "Bead" seam. If the two sides are equal, then I would get a caliper and measure the seam thickness on each side, I would also check for a lump along the edge, maybe something is stuck in the seam and the awning material is rolling over a lump of some sort.

Let us know what you find, I am curious about the cause.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here on my MK273 150 Series.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwatts86 View Post
    When closing the awning on my 2019 Refection 303, one side does not fully shut. It is about 1-2 inches from fully closing. I have checked the awning fabric - does not appear to have slipped. The arms don't appear to be bent - I can physically push the arms closed. I would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks
    So our 2021 28bh had the same issue, I thought the arm or bracket mounted on the side of the trailer was the issue so we had the dealer correct that and all seemed good. Then one day I noticed it was out about an inch at the top again. To say I was frustrated was an under statement. I went into full trouble shoot mode and stumbled on something a little odd. If you hold the button in extend mode the awning will completely extend and then start wrapping all the way back up and close. When this happens the awning arm stays the 1 inch out.

The fix for mine is that when its in the fully extended position and the flap is hanging vertical its from that point I made it point to use the retract button and retract it.When I did this it rolled up perfectly and laid flat against the trailer. For testing purposes I tried the extend and let it extend and then wrap back up on itself. When it "closed" the one side was out the 1".

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    The only way I can see this happening is if the awning was not cut square, or if one of the seams is thicker than the other side and it is winding on top of itself, causing one side to roll up faster than the other side.

Another possibility is if the two arms are not of equal length (one of the arms got adjusted by accident).

I would get a tall ladder and carefully measure both sides of the awning from the wall to the "Bead" seam. If the two sides are equal, then I would get a caliper and measure the seam thickness on each side, I would also check for a lump along the edge, maybe something is stuck in the seam and the awning material is rolling over a lump of some sort.

Let us know what you find, I am curious about the cause.
    I did indicate in my post exactly what “excess” material is on the roller. The sun shade comes with a 1’ panel that is fed through a slot in the roller (via a rugged, flexible, nylon rod). The sun shade zips onto the bottom of this panel. Whenever you retract the awning, the 1’ panel rolls up, along with the flap of the awning. On every trip this summer, we were grateful for the shade-there were many 90+ degree days and we were not willing to risk crowded pools. The arm, although not fully retracted, is nonetheless rigid, not loose. We’ve traveled with it that way since we got the shade with no problems.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve got a a 2019 GD 303RLS that has done the same thing since new. First trip out was 3 months after I bought the RV. The rear arm sticks out a little.
    GD says that I’m responsible as it is a maintenance issue.
    Warranty issue says I.
    Nope says them.
    Still doesn’t fully roll up, but it never got worse.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I've got the same problem on my 2017 303 rls. What I noticed on mine was a lot of the self taping screws were lose or striped so bad they won't tighten up. All the looseness in the arms cause them to bow slightly. I also noticed that who ever installed the awnings on mine did not follow the manufactures installation manual on a few things, using self taping instead of screws, not placing the anchors in the proper positioning as per manufacture. This is not to say that is the problem, but came from GD like that. Worked fine for a few trips, but then started noticing the gaps. So I've been researching methods to fix the stripped screws and installing new ones where the manufacture recommends. Hopefully that fixes the problem if not by then probably need new awning material installed and straighten it out then. Something to look at on the newer ones!!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 checkmate View Post
    Hello. We have a 2018 337rl reflection (3years old) that the awning on the table slide does not fully close tight on the rear arm. The arms that extend don’t line up perfectly with the fixed arms on the trailer causing ours to not fully go in. I strike it up as a mistake in the installation of the awning. But I could be wrong just not willing to let the rv dealer take things apart. I’ve read about this before on reflection models with the slide awning maybe doing what yours is doing.
    I just helped a friend adjust their awning because the side toward the rear would not retract fully and it seemed the arms were not aligning. However, when extended all seemed plumb, level and straight.

The fix was to loosen the fabric, re-center it in both the groove at the top and on the roller.

To do this fully extend the awning; then retract it just a little (maybe 12 inches); place a tall step ladder such that when you extend the awning again to its full position it rests on the top of the step ladder. The awning material should be slack now and you can easily move it forward or backwards to align it on the roller tube and where it attaches to the top (although it shouldn't move there if the installer put in the screws to keep it from moving forward or backward).

After you have centered the fabric, remove the step ladder and retract the awning. It should go in all the way and the arms should align assuming it was the fabric mis-alignment causing the arms to look cock-eyed.

This helps in a lot of situations where the awning arms seem mis-aligned or do not fully close. I hope it helps you.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I just helped a friend adjust their awning because the side toward the rear would not retract fully and it seemed the arms were not aligning. However, when extended all seemed plumb, level and straight.

The fix was to loosen the fabric, re-center it in both the groove at the top and on the roller.

To do this fully extend the awning; then retract it just a little (maybe 12 inches); place a tall step ladder such that when you extend the awning again to its full position it rests on the top of the step ladder. The awning material should be slack now and you can easily move it forward or backwards to align it on the roller tube and where it attaches to the top (although it shouldn't move there if the installer put in the screws to keep it from moving forward or backward).

After you have centered the fabric, remove the step ladder and retract the awning. It should go in all the way and the arms should align assuming it was the fabric mis-alignment causing the arms to look cock-eyed.

This helps in a lot of situations where the awning arms seem mis-aligned or do not fully close. I hope it helps you.
    Larry. Thank You for the idea of correcting my awning issue. I will try the idea when I can. You solution makes sense as it should square things up. Thanks again. Jim (checkmate)
    2018 Reflection 337RL / 2022 GMC Denali 3500HD CC LB Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Reflection 320MKS has the same issue. The rear awning, front arm won’t go in all the way by itself. It’s a 2 man job for us, I push the button, hubby guides it in. We’ve had it looked at twice now, and they say “there’s nothing wrong, or nothing they can do, as everything is in alignment”. Whatever, we just ensure it’s in every time before we hit the road. Good luck and let me know if you get a fix!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast