User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tkostansek View Post
    I don't have 71 gallons. i have two tanks for 71 gallons total. She told me that the water never got more than an inch deep. So the pan didn't overflow. It had to be that gasket Tom spoke of. So these things aren't sealed i guess. Is that so the water wont backup into the Floor? or so air can get out. Is there a vent?
    The moment it started backing up into the shower even a tiny bit she should have turned off the water and yelled for help. Lesson learned if you ask me.

It happened one time while my wife was doing dishes in the kitchen sink. She turned off the water, freaked out, and I ran as fast as I could around to the other side of the camper to open the grey water valve.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    So, your gray tanks are not glued to the piping.

The piping from the shower and sinks simply slides into a rubber gasket on the tank.

Odds are, if it was backed up into the shower, it just leaked from around that rubber gasket.
    I heard the same story with my Heartland trailer.

I underestimated remaining capacity for a (quick last) shower in the 2600RB with water just beginning to show up in the pan, but I did not see evidence of leakage underneath.

A good reason tank gauges really should be accurate, if you ask me.
    Douglas & Christine
    2019 Ford F-250 XLT 6.2L V8 Fx4 Crew Cab short-bed
    2021 Imagine 2600RB, Build 5/2020
    Equal-i-zer 4-Point Sway Control™, 10000/1000 bars; Ford brake controller; LevelMatePRO+®
    Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure LT275/70R18 (E)
    Westlake Super ST Load Range E 10 p.r.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She just didn't know. I checked the gauges that morning. They are confusing. Since there is always a light on even when empty. If you ask me the lights for the tanks should always be on. And no lights for empty and in 1/4 and not 3rds. That's just dumb.

anyway my concern now is the water pouring out under the Camper. Did it leak from the seal in the tank or somewhere else. I'm hoping just from that seal.

Thanks for all your help everyone
    Tony Kostansek
    2021 Reflection 150 268BH
    2017 GMC 1500 6.2L

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't you need a second gate valve to do the equalize tanks trick? Other wise when you pull the drain cover your hosed!! correct??
    Yes. In order to equalize (the easiest way) both grey tanks should drain out the same discharge outlet AND you would need an added gate valve on the discharge outlet. Installing something like the Valterra gate valve.

https://www.campingworld.com/twist-o...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

When you have the extra gate valve installed on the discharge outlet, with it closed you would open both grey tank gate valves for equalizing.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't you need a second gate valve to do the equalize tanks trick? Other wise when you pull the drain cover your hosed!! correct??
    Well you do not need one to equalize, but it would be a bloody good idea. Otherwise as you point out you will be hosed, literally and unpleasantly
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No such thing as a 10 or 20 minute shower in the RV WORLD unless you have city water and grey tank valves open.
    Best to practice fresh water utilization if you ever plan to not be hooked up. People struggle to realize that 10 minutes can be 1/3 of fresh water tank.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last summer while shaving at the bathroom sink in my Reflection 337RLS the sink filled up with water to almost the top... for a second I thought the drain stopper was in but it was laying on the counter. I would have thought that my shower pan would have filled up first but it was dry! I went outside and pulled the bathroom grey valve and dumped a few gallons out then put my valtera valve on and let the tanks equalize. Nothing leaked underneath anywhere but why did my shower pan not start to fill up first?
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also agree with what @huntr70 suggested. The rubber gasket where the pipe goes into the tank is likely the culprit. Since your unit is new, I would guess that the rubber is good, so the pipe may not be aligned properly in the hole. I would get it in for some warranty work if you can.

Also, it is well known that the standard tank monitors are pretty much worthless. Many people have developed a sixth sense about waste tank levels. Just get in tune with your usage and listen for the change in sounds from sink drains and toilets.

I installed a SeeLevel tank monitor a couple months ago and it has been a life changer. It is very accurate and so far has been reliable. I didn't go that route, but the marine versions can be set up with alarms for even more peace of mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12